Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 1st June 2011

Liked 298 Times in 175 Posts
Olympus Digital Camera Updater problem

Having obtained a used 7-14mm, I first registered it with Olympus UK - no problems. Then I attached it to my E5 to check if any updates were available through Oly Digital Camera updater. After connecting the camera and opening the software I clicked on NEXT to receive the message "Unable to use this function on this camera". Thinking that there was a problem with this lens I tried body only and with 9-18mm, Leica 14-150mm, and 50mm f2 with the same result. So I assumed that there was a problem with the camera. Next step was to try all of these lens combinations with my E30 - same result. Is it the software or perhaps the server or should I try adjusting my firewall settings? I have just emailed Oly support so perhaps they can assist. Otherwise HELP !!

David
Old 1st June 2011

Liked 298 Times in 175 Posts
Re: Olympus Digital Camera Updater problem

I have just solved the problem - my preferred USB mode on both cameras is Mtp but for updating it needs to be set to Auto! Had a hunch and changed it. It doesn't mention this in the updater instructions, but now I know.

David
Wee man (3rd September 2011)
Old 1st June 2011

Liked 180 Times in 120 Posts

I know you needed to sort it , but I don't think there are any updates for the 7-14mm anyway.
See Here

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 3rd September 2011
Kaze

Have just purchased an E-PL2 and was getting the same error message. Thanks to this thread now solved.

The Menu options on the E-PL2 for USB connection do not include Auto they are:

>STORAGE
>MTP
>PRINT
>EXIT

So I tried "STORAGE" and hey presto updater connected and all went smoothly. Thanks David