Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 9th March 2008

Liked 1,633 Times in 1,045 Posts
Long-Tailed Tit building nest.

This was a nice sight today (Sun Mar. 9th)!

I'm trying to resist the temptation to go back in the dark and cut off the diagonal twig going from top left to middle right, for future photographs (the bird won't be in the nest if it's not brooding eggs or chicks). I don't think I will though!

I hope the gales forecast for tomorrow won't damage the nest.

Jim
Old 9th March 2008
PeterD

Re: Long-Tailed Tit building nest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ford View Post
This was a nice sight today (Sun Mar. 9th)!

I'm trying to resist the temptation to go back in the dark and cut off the diagonal twig going from top left to middle right, for future photographs (the bird won't be in the nest if it's not brooding eggs or chicks). I don't think I will though!

I hope the gales forecast for tomorrow won't damage the nest.

Jim
Yes things are livening up now, found a pair of swans doing the same. I shall post the image later.

In circumstances you find may be difficult, as they are in my case, but you are right not to disturb things after all you want to catch the pics with the chicks etc. We sometimes get them nesting in our conifer but one year, the nests were torn apart in strong winds. Unfortunately eggs were present at the time.

Nice shot given the obstructions.

PeterD
Old 9th March 2008

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

very nice Jim

birds making a great job of that nest too!
Old 13th March 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a brilliant thing to have in your garden.

If you leave the twigs until the eggs have hatched there's less chance of the nest being abandoned.