Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 17th August 2018

Liked 568 Times in 257 Posts
Re: Angry?

Anger Management

Phil
https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc
Old 17th August 2018

Liked 2,324 Times in 1,531 Posts

There was a superb, and real video of John Prescott giving a protester a fine left hook.

Found it.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
The Following User Liked This Post:
Gate Keeper (17th August 2018)
Old 17th August 2018

Liked 723 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnheatingman View Post
..... Sadly we have bred a generation of greedy yobs who believe they have a right to have whatever they want. No morals or consideration for others, no respect for the rule of law and it's nothing to do with social deprivation or poverty. You only have to look at the number of highly paid footballers charged with drink driving, affray, assault and worse. All perpetuated by a useless legal system, no deterrent to crime, and a country populated by too many "Do Gooders" and "Politically Correct" brigades.

John
This!

Sums it up very well.
Naughty Nigel (17th August 2018)
Old 17th August 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Correct sir!
I got there just before I scrolled down and saw the longer word. I must admit I struggled to get there, although to be fair the letter K threw me completely!
Gate Keeper (17th August 2018)
Old 17th August 2018

Is it just me or are our current politicians a bunch of useless wastes of time, all of them, not picking on any party but all of them? Tories are in total disarray and yet Labour are utterly failing to capitalise on it, they should be surging ahead and wiping the floor with the Tories. They all seem to be a bunch of ineffectual lightweights.
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Jim Ford (17th August 2018), KeithL (17th August 2018)
Old 17th August 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP View Post
Is it just me or are our current politicians a bunch of useless wastes of time, all of them, not picking on any party but all of them? Tories are in total disarray and yet Labour are utterly failing to capitalise on it, they should be surging ahead and wiping the floor with the Tories. They all seem to be a bunch of ineffectual lightweights.
Yes. And yes.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
TimP (17th August 2018)
Old 17th August 2018

Liked 1,382 Times in 810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
Nobody is tarring any group with the same brush Keith. But you, as an Engineer should know better than anyone that pretending a problem doesn't exist never makes it go away.

Worse still, this kind of denial angers those who feel ignored by the liberal elite in Westminster and helps to justify the actions of nationalists and other extremists.
So who is pretending that a problem doesn't exist? I certainly am not; however, my cousin does tar all with the same brush. You don't get anywhere by doing that - except make a bad situation worse. Perhaps that\'s what some people want to do.
Old 17th August 2018

Quote:
There was a superb, and real video of John Prescott giving a protester a fine left hook.

Found it.

Phil
Old 17th August 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP View Post
I got there just before I scrolled down and saw the longer word. I must admit I struggled to get there, although to be fair the letter K threw me completely!
Thanks for reading the account. I was trying at one level, to be discreet and at another level, careful not to be too obvious, given this is a family forum. In essence, he pleaded not guilty and I reckon he paid a high price for saying it. I think the sentence was harsh, as it was his first offence and he was made an example. He had a barrister to represent him and despite this, he lost the case, all from a moment of anger. Had he been a famous cricketeer

Phil
Old 17th August 2018

Quote:
Thanks for reading the account. I was trying at one level, to be discreet and at another level, careful not to be too obvious, given this is a family forum. In essence, he pleaded not guilty and I reckon he paid a high price for saying it. I think the sentence was harsh, as it was his first offence and he was made an example. He had a barrister to represent him and despite this, he lost the case, all from a moment of anger. Had he been a famous cricketeer
If true it seems that words and speeding are now seen as being more serious than violent offences. We really have lost the plot.

G'night.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
Jim Ford (18th August 2018)
Old 18th August 2018

It’s interesting reading the ‘who’s been before the courts this week’ section of the local rag (are all local papers using the same, utterly crap websites??); generally the fines / sentencing dished out to the thieves, burglars and violent affray types are all much, much lower than those handed down to motorists. There’s a feeling that shoplifters won’t get prosecuted for a first offence or a low value theft, just what sort of message does this send to people?? I really do despair for what this country is becoming. I won’t get started on the whole subject of the moped gangs seemingly being able to get away with murder in that London! I think I’d better go and lie down for an hour or two now!
Old 18th August 2018
Administrator

Thanked 3,165 Times in 2,473 Posts
Liked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts

Quote:
It isn't a nice word by any means and not one I would use, but prison does seem harsh in the circumstances you describe. It's interesting that Pink Floyd used this word with impunity in the lyrics of "In The Flesh," from "The Wall" album, although in this case it was clearly satire aimed at the far right racist mindset.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Gate Keeper (18th August 2018)
Old 18th August 2018

Liked 1,382 Times in 810 Posts

Quote:
You might even be tempted to think that being hanged for stealing a silk handkerchief (therefore a wealthy person's handkerchief) or sent to Oz for having a meeting unapproved by Parliament might be on their way back! But hang on - if motoring offences and insulting words attract tougher penalties, would the penalty be hanging, drawing and quartering?
Gate Keeper (18th August 2018)
Old 18th August 2018

Liked 3,677 Times in 1,700 Posts

Quote:
If true it seems that words and speeding are now seen as being more serious than violent offences. We really have lost the plot.

G'night.
Easy meat....

My Flickr
Old 18th August 2018

Funny how both the N and the C word (not that one, the one from this thread!) both appeared in mainstream children’s book from my childhood. Is it any wonder people like my mother seem to see it as normal? Actually I’ve never heard her use either word but I’m sure we’ve had conversations about it and she’s expressed surprise that it’s now frowned upon. Dread to think what she’d think of someone bieng imprisoned. Still, good to see the powers that be have got their priorities sorted and our best interests at heart.