Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 13th August 2013
SonorG

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
What's it worth..

Hi all,

Thinking on giving up photography so I was wondering how much I should ask for the following,

Olympus E3 with battery grip
Zuiko digital 12-60 lens
Lumix fl-50 (broken battery door)
Zuiko 40-150 mk1 lens

Thinking a price for each and a price as a whole bundle, if going as a bundle I would include the olmypus professional backpack and some assorted sandisk xf cards several 4gig and a 8gig.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Garrie
Old 13th August 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,144 Times in 2,453 Posts
Liked 4,450 Times in 2,112 Posts
Re: What's it worth..

Hi Garrie,

Looking at recent ads on this site as a rough guide I'd say a starting price of around 360 for the E-3, 400 for the 12-60mm and 90 for the 40-150mm. Not sure about the grip or flash.

Sorry to hear you are thinking of giving up photography, especially as you have a real talent. I remember well all those amazing HDR shots of dereliction that you used to post here and enthrall us. However, when I think about that amazing video clip of you playing the drums posted a few weeks ago, and seeing how much you was enjoying it, I have to say I don't blame you if selling your gear will finance the drums you really want.

"Standing in these lights
Doesn't mean a thing
Standing on the stage
If you don't want to sing."

Extra points if you know the band.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 14th August 2013
SonorG

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply! To be honest I've not used my camera in anger for several years and it seems a Shane to have something as great as the e3 and zuiko glass just sitting there doing nothing!

Ach you may aswell know, Susan and I have gone out seperate ways after 13 years so i'm back in Newcastle. However on a plus note I'm joining an up and coming north east based rock band fronted by a women singer, all exciting times with gigs lined up and a possible tour, I've landed on my feet in that respect, only wish I still had someone to enjoy the journey with, but hey ho!

Anyways, thanks for the kind words about my photography, maybe I'll get back into it but most of my time is now spent practising and looking for a job lol

I'll put up a for sale thread soon. The price or the e3 does that include the battery grip?

Cheers
Garrie
The Following User Says Thank You to Garrie For This Useful Post:
Westy (15th August 2013)
Old 14th August 2013

Liked 37 Times in 23 Posts

Sorry to hear that.would love the E3 but as ever ££ is a problem. I think the prices given by John are pretty fair tbh.good luck.
Old 14th August 2013

Liked 122 Times in 62 Posts

Dont give up the photography
There is a Scottish band called McFlloyd...at one point while the drum solo is ongoing various band members get their cameras out on photograph each other and the audience....
...and if you are doing a tour at some time...then do come to Shetland
Old 14th August 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,144 Times in 2,453 Posts
Liked 4,450 Times in 2,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie View Post
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply! To be honest I've not used my camera in anger for several years and it seems a Shane to have something as great as the e3 and zuiko glass just sitting there doing nothing!

Ach you may aswell know, Susan and I have gone out seperate ways after 13 years so i'm back in Newcastle. However on a plus note I'm joining an up and coming north east based rock band fronted by a women singer, all exciting times with gigs lined up and a possible tour, I've landed on my feet in that respect, only wish I still had someone to enjoy the journey with, but hey ho!

Anyways, thanks for the kind words about my photography, maybe I'll get back into it but most of my time is now spent practising and looking for a job lol

I'll put up a for sale thread soon. The price or the e3 does that include the battery grip?

Cheers
Garrie
Hi Garrie,

I'm sorry to hear that you and Susan have parted, unfortunately life doesn't always run to plan and I hope you both find future happiness. For now, the new band sounds an exciting opportunity. Keep us up to date with how it goes, YouTube clips etc. and if you ever have a gig in the south east let me know!

Price I suggested for the E-3 does not include the grip, I'm not really sure about the going rate for that.

All the best.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 15th August 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently purchased a grip off amazon (classed as used) for £100 and I saw one on eBay go for around £120.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonian For This Useful Post:
Zuiko (15th August 2013)