Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 15th March 2015

Liked 2,253 Times in 1,487 Posts
Re: mint e5

Gentlemen,
Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been busy all weekend and have been staying away from the computer!

Anyhow, the E5 is in excellent condition, with no obvious scratches or marks. I would hesitate to use the term 'mint', as it doesn't have protective plastic on the screen, etc. but it is in seriously good condition. (I do like to look after my equipment.)

If I am reading it correctly, total shutter actuations are 12,777.

It will come with the HLD4 grip, which is in similar condition, at least two white E5 batteries (I may have more), the original charger, and a SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GB compact flash card. These is space for an SD card in the E5, but that slot is vacant at present.

The camera will come in its original box, but I don't think I have the box for the grip.

Regarding price, I will open at £850 including Royal Mail Special Delivery to gauge interest.

It really is a nice camera, but I am just not using it much now that I have the EM5 (and a cupboard full of film cameras)! However, it is still worth a lot to me, so I don't wish to give it away.

Finally, I have just found out that I shall be working away all week this week, so I won't be able to photograph or box up the camera until next weekend earliest.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
Old 15th March 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

HI thx for reply.. Will see what the camera looks like from ffordes and let you know cheers Adam
Old 17th March 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just picked up my e5 from ffordes.. Wow its like new so will be keeping it.. So thx Nigel.. But will not be after whither now.. All I need now is a mint hld 4 for a good price..
😀
Old 17th March 2015

Liked 846 Times in 238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
.. All I need now is a mint hld 4 for a good price..
Did you receive my PM?

E-M5 II, E-M1, E-M1 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
Flickr
Old 18th March 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi .. Thx ..I've just bought a grip from amazon.. My e5 that I got fro ffordes has so much crap on the sensor I've got to get it cleaned ..has any one used Luton cameras are they good ?
Old 18th March 2015

Liked 294 Times in 185 Posts

Quote:
Hi .. Thx ..I've just bought a grip from amazon.. My e5 that I got fro ffordes has so much crap on the sensor I've got to get it cleaned ..has any one used Luton cameras are they good ?
You should get 'Ffordes' to clean it F.O.C. yes Luton Cameras are good, in fact very good, but if I were you I wouldn't pay to have it done when you've just received it. Ffordes are very good, phone them and I'm pretty sure they will sort it out for you.

Unusual for E5 to have "so much crap" on its sensor. The cleaning system is very good as on all Oly cameras so equipped, might there be an issue with the sensor cleaning mechanism?

Kind regards, Simon
Old 18th March 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi .. I sent it back to them as it turned up looking shabby .. They sent it back .. I noticed spots at f10 and f 14 .. Will send it to luton cameras as I know the will do it properly and for25 pounds I'd rather a pro sort it out ..
Old 18th March 2015

Liked 294 Times in 185 Posts

Quote:
Hi .. I sent it back to them as it turned up looking shabby .. They sent it back .. I noticed spots at f10 and f 14 .. Will send it to luton cameras as I know the will do it properly and for25 pounds I'd rather a pro sort it out ..
Adam,

I'm a little confused for in 'post 33' you say....

"Just picked up my e5 from ffordes.. Wow its like new so will be keeping it"

Yet above you say it turned up shabby

Anyway, it's your call and money. I am sure Luton Cameras will do a fine job, they recently serviced my OM 50mm F1.2 & 100mm F2.0 and did a sterling job.

Kind regards, Simon
Old 18th March 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When they first sent it it looked shabby and dirty .. Sent it back thought it wasn't right .. They cleaned it and sent it back to me .. Looked new .. And was happy to keep it .. But after first ten photos noticed spots all over the image and had a look at the sensor .. Smears and dirt looks as if someone tried to clean it.. So rather than send it back will drop it in to luton cameras .. Anyway wish I had just bought a new camera for all the messing about I've had
Old 19th March 2015

Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts

Some of the early ones got oil spots on the sensor. Mine had to go back to Oly on warranty, but it's been fine since. Maybe that's what's on yours, and it was never cleaned? Luton should be able to sort it. I'm in two minds what to do with mine. It would be a shame to part with the last mirrored body, but I'm not really using it much.

http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/
Old 19th March 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

tried to clean the sensor my self and messed it up.. Hope I haven't trashed it so now it's definitely going to luton cameras.. Been stupid and inpatient..
Old 19th March 2015

Liked 412 Times in 254 Posts

Hi there Nomad!

Worst case scenario is that you may have scratched the SSWF in front of the sensor, which can be replaced (3 screws and a bit of soldering from memory) - the actual sensor has several layers of glass above it to protect it. It is more likely that you have just smudged the tiny drops of oil and just spread them out. If you want to have a look at what your sensor looks like have a look at my IR conversion thread here:-

round about post 23.

Cheers,

Ralph.
Old 20th March 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi.. Let's hope so... I will have a look... Sounds interesting
Adam