Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-1

Olympus E-1 E-1 specific discussion.

Old 20th February 2008
Napper

Problem selecting continuous shooting Mode

Hi I seem to have a problem with my E1 in that I cannot get it to select continuous shooting mode it will give me timed 2 sec,12 sec, and the two remote shooting options but will not give continuous even though the symbol is displayed. May be I'm missing something (I'm more used to the E 510), is there any thing in the menu which can enable/disable this mode? I cannot for the life of me see where the problem is. Is there a general reset (to factory default) which I can try?

Thanks
Dave
Old 20th February 2008
Scapula Memory

Re: Problem selecting continuous shooting Mode

Check that noise reduction is OFF. Just tested this on my E1 and it disables continuous drive but does leave the double square icon in the top LCD.
Old 20th February 2008
Xpres

That'll be it I'd think. The noise reduction takes two shots instead of one so continuous shooting can't work.
Old 20th February 2008
Napper

Thanks guys that solved the problem. On the E-510 you can have noise reduction turned on and still select continuous mode, I believe that the noise reduction only switches in on exposures over 2 seconds (may be wrong on length of exposure). anyway thanks for your help much appreciated.