Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > General photography discussion

General photography discussion Please look for a specific board to start your thread but if you can't find an appropriate one, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th January 2019

Liked 713 Times in 479 Posts
Re: Anyone print A3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewestern View Post
Thanks John - I've just got a reply to an email I sent Fotospeed. Tim there suggests I look at the Epson SC600 with their inkflow system, and I'm very tempted.
Got some thinking to do, but again, thanks for your help !
I use the Epson SC-P600, but stuck with Epson inks. I've no doubt Fotospeed's system would be cheaper to run, I hesitate to take the plunge because I print fairly low volume and felt I may as well keep things simple. Fotospeed are good for technical support, if you ring them you can usually quickly get to speak to someone who knows something, and if it is beyond them they will pass you on to their gurus.

The comment about Epson print heads causing problems seems quite common. I ran an R2400 (two generations before the SC-P600) for about 10 years. It needed a mid-life refurb - it had some absorbent pads that soak up excess ink and they had filled up and needed replacing - and in the end the heads did indeed pack up. I thought that was quite reasonable after 10 years, albeit low volume, use.

John
The Following User Liked This Post:
stevewestern (7th January 2019)