Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk

Accessory talk Those important extra system components.

Old 1st February 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Charger for E-3

I hope I have put this in the correct section. I would like to know if there is some sort of charger that plugs into the E-3 to charge the batteries in situ?
Old 1st February 2010

Liked 132 Times in 74 Posts
Re: Charger for E-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-3 View Post
I hope I have put this in the correct section. I would like to know if there is some sort of charger that plugs into the E-3 to charge the batteries in situ?
Olympus supply the AC-1 PSU for the E-3 which has a proprietary connector that fits the camera. Whether this charges the batteries in situ I don't know. What I do know is that the PSU costs a whopping 165 from Warehouse Express.

The PSU itself is 9V at probably no more than an amp or so, so finding an alternative PSU wouldn't be a problem. The problem is the connector which you certainly won't get.

There aren't any AC-1s or copies on Fleebay (that I could find). So looks like the only option is to contact Olympus (or maybe Ian will know) and see if the AC-1 will charge in-situ and then fork out some serious dosh

Steve
Old 1st February 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckdiver View Post
Olympus supply the AC-1 PSU for the E-3 which has a proprietary connector that fits the camera. Whether this charges the batteries in situ I don't know. What I do know is that the PSU costs a whopping 165 from Warehouse Express.

The PSU itself is 9V at probably no more than an amp or so, so finding an alternative PSU wouldn't be a problem. The problem is the connector which you certainly won't get.

There aren't any AC-1s or copies on Fleebay (that I could find). So looks like the only option is to contact Olympus (or maybe Ian will know) and see if the AC-1 will charge in-situ and then fork out some serious dosh

Steve
Thank you for your reply, most kind. This was`nt exactly what I was looking for, however if it`s the only option then I will buy one, it is one very expensive power supply though.
Old 1st February 2010

Liked 132 Times in 74 Posts

It's the only thing that will plug into the E-3 powerwise (apart from the HLD-4). It's that or nothing. If there was any form of in-situ charger it would also be a complete power supply.

Steve