Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2019

Liked 661 Times in 234 Posts
Panasonic G VARIO 12-32mm f3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega O.I.S Lens, Black.

Recently purchased, with only five test shots taken.

Purchased specifically for a Pen-F, the Pen-F (defective) has gone back so the lens is surplus to requirements.

It was supplied in a sealed white box.

Bought new from Bristol Cameras on 27-02-19, copy of receipt supplied.

Asking 140 posted
Payment by BT please.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1768 copy by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

IMG_1768 copy by Dave in Wales, on Flickr
Old 15th March 2019

Liked 172 Times in 117 Posts
Re: BNIB, Panasonic G VARIO 12-32mm f3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega O.I.S Lens, Black.

I distinctly remember you saying that you liked it and first shots looked promising.
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...t=49952&page=2

So is it new and unused or not please?
Old 15th March 2019
Administrator

Thanked 3,185 Times in 2,489 Posts
Liked 4,557 Times in 2,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram View Post
I distinctly remember you saying that you liked it and first shots looked promising.

Strictly speaking Tram does have a point. Maybe a better description would be, "New and unused, apart from a limited number of test shots that confirm the lens is working as it should."

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following User Liked This Post:
Jim Ford (15th March 2019)
Old 15th March 2019

Thanked 1,257 Times in 942 Posts
Liked 6,007 Times in 1,955 Posts

What was wrong with the Pen F Dave?
Portfolio Site
Instagram
Old 15th March 2019

Quote:

My sincere apologies, there was no intention to mislead.

It's new, with just five test shots taken.

Perhaps you and members would like to take a gander at my asking price of just 140.
I paid 129+10 P&P, so I'm not in any way trying to profiteer, in fact after postage I'll probably be out of pocket.
A new one from Bristol Cameras is 169+10 P&P.

I'd also appreciate it if you'd stop sniping, nit-picking and casting my integrity into doubt.
I'm an honest person whome numerous members will attribute to.
Naughty Nigel (18th March 2019)
Old 15th March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Strictly speaking Tram does have a point. Maybe a better description would be, "New and unused, apart from a limited number of test shots that confirm the lens is working as it should."
I hope I've clarified the matter in my reply to Tram, above.
Old 15th March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
What was wrong with the Pen F Dave?
Perhaps you missed this Paul......http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50045

Wex offered a replacement, which was not in stock, so I elected to take a refund instead.

Lat weekend I took the 12-100/EM1ii out on its first real outing, I was most impressed with IQ and the extra stop in IS.

The writing was on the wall...the Pen-f was starting to take preference over the E-M1ii and I could hardly strap the 12-100 onto the Pen-F, so I took the opportunity to return it for a refund....I was most disappointed.
Old 15th March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wales View Post

Perhaps you and members would like to take a gander at my asking price of just 140.
I paid 129+10 P&P, so I'm not in any way trying to profiteer, in fact after postage I'll probably be out of pocket.

I'd also appreciate it if you'd stop sniping, nit-picking and casting my integrity into doubt.
Sorry, but no its not new, how can it be if you have used it?
That's not nitpicking just stating the obvious, it's a secondhand lens so why not advertise it as such.
Not sure what the out of pocket point is, you bought something, used it and then sold it on.

If you bought a new camera would you be ok if the box was unsealed and someone else had taken a few photos?
No, you would expect to pay a secondhand price and rightly so.
Old 15th March 2019

Liked 339 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
That's not nitpicking just stating the obvious, it's a secondhand lens so why not advertise it as such.
Not sure what the out of pocket point is, you bought something, used it and then sold it on.

If you bought a new camera would you be ok if the box was unsealed and someone else had taken a few photos?
This is the second instance in 2 weeks where a member seems to think it's acceptable to purchase an item, use it, then offer it for sale for the same price they paid for it.

We would all love to get our money back on used items but in reality, it rarely happens. Used means the package has been opened and the item switched on and therefore immediately becomes a 2nd hand item and the asking price should be reduced accordingly. To expect to receive what you paid IS profiteering in a sense.

Jax
Old 15th March 2019
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wales View Post

Dave, you appear to accept Tram's point, but then suggest he is sniping, nit-picking and casting your integrity into doubt. Do you have any examples of this?

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 15th March 2019
Administrator

Quote:

Surely an amendment to the description along the lines I suggested would be acceptable? The lens seems to be new with qualification, with just five test exposures it is certainly not second hand in the usual sense. The important thing is clarity and transparency within the description and I believe this was an honest oversight with no intention to mislead.

Old 15th March 2019

Quote:
Surely an amendment to the description along the lines I suggested would be acceptable? The lens seems to be new with qualification, with just five test exposures it is certainly not second hand in the usual sense. The important thing is clarity and transparency within the description and I believe this was an honest oversight with no intention to mislead.
Sorry to disagree, but no its not new or BNIB, why can't it just be called used?
Nobody here would happily buy something described as new to find out it wasn't.
I fully accept i'm not everyone's favourite person on here, but in this instance maybe you can agree I am right
Jax (15th March 2019)
Old 15th March 2019

Liked 339 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
I totally agree with Tram. BNIB stands for Brand New In Box, in this case that description should not be applied. If in your considered opinion, you think it's nothing more than an an honest oversight that's fine, but others may form a different opinion.

This sort of misleading advertising happens all too frequently online, thankfully it seems not too often within this forum.

Jax
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jax For This Useful Post:
Tram (15th March 2019), Zuiko (15th March 2019)
Old 15th March 2019
Administrator

Quote:
Sorry to disagree, but no its not new or BNIB, why can't it just be called used?
Nobody here would happily buy something described as new to find out it wasn't.
I fully accept i'm not everyone's favourite person on here, but in this instance maybe you can agree I am right
It has nothing to do with your perceived popularity on this forum, I supported your original complaint but in my view Dave In Wales has made an acceptable amendment to his description of the item. It's now up to potential buyers to decide if the asking price represents a good deal or not.

Old 15th March 2019
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post
I totally agree with Tram. BNIB stands for Brand New In Box, in this case that description should not be applied. If in your considered opinion, you think it's nothing more than an an honest oversight that's fine, but others may form a different opinion.

This sort of misleading advertising happens all too frequently online, thankfully it seems not too often within this forum.

Jax
I take your point about BNIB included in the thread title and have removed it. Hopefully that is the end of the matter.

Dave, feel free to repost your advert in a new thread, adhering to the amended title and description of course.

The Following Users Liked This Post:
Jax (15th March 2019), Tram (15th March 2019)
Closed Thread