Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 19th September 2008
Scapula Memory

Gear for sale

Hi all,

After a lot of deliberating over reviews and user reports I have upgraded my camera kit to a different brand and to offset the cost I am regretfully selling my Olympus gear. I would like to give the members of this forum first consideration before going to auction.

My intention would be to use Royal Mail Special Delivery to ship which should would be less than a tenner though if you require a different method then we can arrange that. Please add postage to price. Local pick up to Berks is OK as is T5! For payment, online bank transfer is preferred, Paypal if buyer pays fee, cheques OK and items sent once funds clear. Please contact via PM.

E1 Body:

This E1 body is is A1 condition. No bumps, bruises or scratches. It comes with the EP 2 eyecup ( EP1 supplied as well ) plus the GS2 wrist strap ( original strap supplied as well) It is also fitted with the FS2 grid focus screen. The FS1 is also supplied. It has the SHLD2 power grip plus 1 spare grip battery as well as the original BLM1 battery. The flash cover and socket covers are intact. It has been fired only 6387 times and is flashed to firmware 1.5: It will also come with a RM1 remote control plus all documentation/software.

Price £225 ONO

Zuiko 14-54 2.8 -3.5 Lens

Lens in A1 condition, boxed with manuals, Approx 9 months old.
Price £250 ono

EC 1.4 teleconverter

Boxed with manual approx 5 months old.
Price £199 ono

FL36 Flash: Not wireless version.

With manuals, case: Please note the locking button is a known weak point on this flash and mine was no different, hence it did develop a crack The white areas are where Araldite was used with great effect to repair the lock down nut. Flash is fully functional, locks down, and works perfectly.

price £75 ono

Zuiko 70 -300 telephoto lens.

Approx 3 months old supplied boxed with manuals.
Price £160 ono

I also have the 14-45 and 40-150 3.5 version if anyone wants to make a reasonable offer!

Thanks for looking. Please PM if interested.

TC 1.4 Sold subject to payment.

Last edited by Scapula Memory; 19th September 2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: EC 1.4 sold
Old 19th September 2008
Scapula Memory

Re: Gear for sale

EC1.4 is sold subject to payment.
Old 20th September 2008

Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts

John,

In a way its sad to see you go to another brand. Please keep in touch with this site though. I have valued your submissions and comments. I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing your photographic results in the future.

Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Old 20th September 2008

Liked 85 Times in 50 Posts

What is your new anagram going to be?
Old 20th September 2008
tlove

Hello John

Pm sent.
Old 20th September 2008
Chillimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlove View Post
Hello John

Pm sent.

Still after that elusive E-1
Old 20th September 2008
tlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillimonster View Post
Still after that elusive E-1
I couldn't possibly say...........
Old 20th September 2008
Scapula Memory

E1 body sold!

Not sure yet what anagram I can get from Nikon D300!

Peter,

I will still look in and contribute from time to time as I have learnt a lot from this forum. This is by far the best and friendliest forum I have ever visited. I spent a long time researching my next move and it was not an easy decision to reach. I wish I could hang on to the Oly gear for back up but I have 4 hungry daughters to feed!
Old 20th September 2008
Scapula Memory

70-300 sold subject to payment!
Old 20th September 2008

Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapula Memory View Post
E1 body sold!

Peter,

I will still look in and contribute from time to time as I have learnt a lot from this forum. This is by far the best and friendliest forum I have ever visited. I spent a long time researching my next move and it was not an easy decision to reach. I wish I could hang on to the Oly gear for back up but I have 4 hungry daughters to feed!
Thanks John for replying. I thought somehow it would be a Nikon. I am glad its not the D400 though because there are reports of shutter problems. The others seem fine from what I have seen. I too have, and still do, look at other equipment. I am still happy with the E3 as its probably taught me more about DSLR shooting, combined with the sound advice on this forum, and there is still a lot to learn.

As I said before, I wish you the very best and I am sure that you will produce some excellant images with the Nikon. Glad you will pop in from time to time and perhaps show us how you are getting on - that is if the forum rules will permit. If not, just give me a link to your new forum and we can chat there.

Cheers

PeterD

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Old 20th September 2008

Liked 195 Times in 130 Posts

Quote:

Never seen you self portrait so only you would know if "Dried Enthroned Hunk" fits.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 20th September 2008
Scapula Memory

Peter,

Thanks for your kind comments. I certainly will stay in touch. I must confess to breaking forum rules already as the images of the gear posted were with the Nikon, some of the first pics I actually did. Will be a while before I find my way around this thing properly!
Old 20th September 2008

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
E1 body sold!

I wish I could hang on to the Oly gear for back up but I have 4 hungry daughters to feed!
Have you considered selling the daughters?

There is a sound biblical precedent in 'the only good man'.

And it'll work out cheaper in the long run.

Nick

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk
Old 20th September 2008
Scapula Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
Have you considered selling the daughters?

There is a sound biblical precedent in 'the only good man'.

And it'll work out cheaper in the long run.

Nick
Believe me Nick I have come close.....
Old 22nd September 2008
Scapula Memory

Shamelessly bumping this back up I still have the 14-54 2.8 and the flash available. Open to reasonable offers, the lens is a superb performer could make someone very happy!