Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-5

Olympus E-5 E-5 specific discussion.

Old 19th September 2011

Liked 298 Times in 175 Posts
E5 Single target AF problems

A couple of times recently, when using the Single target AF mode, the focus is aquired and audible/visual confirmation given, but the resultant image is slightly oof all over. The subject appears to be in focus both in the viewfinder or LV. The first thought was that this was a problem with the IS, but when changing to Dynamic Single Target AF mode all is well, which rules this out. Also OK in All Target Mode, but I rarely use this as it doesn't suit the subjects I normally use the E5 for.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

David
Old 19th September 2011

Liked 43 Times in 34 Posts
Re: E5 Single target AF problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Morison View Post
A couple of times recently, when using the Single target AF mode, the focus is aquired and audible/visual confirmation given, but the resultant image is slightly oof all over. The subject appears to be in focus both in the viewfinder or LV. The first thought was that this was a problem with the IS, but when changing to Dynamic Single Target AF mode all is well, which rules this out. Also OK in All Target Mode, but I rarely use this as it doesn't suit the subjects I normally use the E5 for.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

David
Is it correctly focused when you download the picture?
Old 20th September 2011

Liked 298 Times in 175 Posts

No, the images have the same appearance when downloaded. It looks a bit like camera shake (300mm + EC14) but only happens when using Single Target AF mode.

David
Old 20th September 2011

Liked 543 Times in 381 Posts

During the early days of the E3 there was concern that the visible focus point in the viewfinder did not line up with the actual focus sensor. Do you get the same problem when photographing a flat object perpendicular to the axis of the lens.

Also is the IS causing a blur? Probably mentioned earlier.
Old 20th September 2011

Liked 43 Times in 34 Posts

I have noticed at trimes the picture does not seem quite sharp but when downloaded it is ok.