Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 2nd November 2013

Thanked 1,447 Times in 1,336 Posts
Liked 2,436 Times in 1,154 Posts
Re: Message from Olympus UK re E-M1 supply issues

Looking forward to seeing some 12-40 shots then.
Old 2nd November 2013

Thanked 1,447 Times in 1,336 Posts
Liked 2,436 Times in 1,154 Posts

Simon really chuffed it worked out for you. Have a great holiday.
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 753 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
Looking forward to seeing some 12-40 shots then.
I would show you a shot of my kettle, but the general state of the kitchen is too embarrassing to expose publicly.

From the very little playing I've done so far it looks like a very tasty lens indeed

Ciao ... John
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 753 Times in 499 Posts

Ordered 12-40 kit at first announcement through local branch of LCE (Salisbury - excellent service as usual) and registered for grip + adapter. Kit arrived Thursday afternoon, currently seeing if we can source the goodies via Oly UK but not expecting to be successful so will probably have to post to Germany early next week.

Ciao ... John

Last edited by Bikie John; 2nd November 2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added detail
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullus View Post
There are lots of people now receiving their orders but no details of what they have got. How many if any have received the 12-40 kit with free adapter and grip, when was it ordered and paid for and from where?
Cheers,

Steve
Body only from Olympus shop, grip and mmf3 included with order.

Simon
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 340 Times in 230 Posts

I am hoping that LCE in Bristol will have bodies in next week.

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

12-40 kit received yesterday with MMF-3 and battery grip.

Ordered direct from Olympus to get the freebies with the one order. Wouldn't normally do this but took the risk this time.

Philip
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Most of you are forgetting to state when you placed your orders. It's an important bit of data if we want to verify that the orders from Olympus are being sent in the correct order. If you want to supply that information, it's probably easiest if you just edit the post where you announce getting the camera.

I think the complications of having to get the "freebies" by mailing a receipt to Germany made a lot of people choose the online Olympus shop over their regular dealers. My online shop that I buy most of my electronics from received E-M1 stock nearly a month ago. I think if I had ordered from them on September 14th, I would have received the camera then, but I would then have needed to wait for the MMF-3 to arrive to use my FT lenses.
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 122 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbath1962 View Post
12-40 kit received yesterday with MMF-3 and battery grip.

Ordered direct from Olympus to get the freebies with the one order. Wouldn't normally do this but took the risk this time.

Philip
Did you receive any notice/tracking number etc in advance? I placed the same order on 12 September and nothing so far...
Old 2nd November 2013
Administrator

Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,283 Posts
Liked 1,766 Times in 797 Posts

Anyone who has received their order this week are basically fortunate - most orders were always due to be fulfilled next week.

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian For This Useful Post:
benvendetta (2nd November 2013)
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 122 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Anyone who has received their order this week are basically fortunate - most orders were always due to be fulfilled next week.

Ian
I wasn't expecting to receive my order quite so soon, and good luck to those that have. I would like to know if Olympus are going to communicate any better than they have so far, however.

I find it a real shame that the shop web site shows no sign of any updates and that I've received nothing at all from Olympus about the status of my order (except a boilerplate response to an email I sent).

Actually - it's not a shame - it's appalling that a company like Olympus don't "get" the fundamentals of keeping customers happy. Were it not for the information gleaned from this website, I'd be completely in the dark.

Steve.
The Following User Liked This Post:
jamsa (2nd November 2013)
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichea View Post
I wasn't expecting to receive my order quite so soon, and good luck to those that have. I would like to know if Olympus are going to communicate any better than they have so far, however.

I find it a real shame that the shop web site shows no sign of any updates and that I've received nothing at all from Olympus about the status of my order (except a boilerplate response to an email I sent).

Actually - it's not a shame - it's appalling that a company like Olympus don't "get" the fundamentals of keeping customers happy. Were it not for the information gleaned from this website, I'd be completely in the dark.

Steve.
Well said! A very poor show... Two or three weeks ago they said they would sort the issues and learn from this..... But since then it's just Ian who it appears has added whateverhe has picked up from Olympus..... I'm still waiting and even after the arrival of the camera will still never forget this "service". I feel that we are not valued as customers.....
Old 3rd November 2013
IanTField

Well done to those of you lucky ones!!

I ordered the 12-40 kit on 18 Sept with Amazon UK and delivery date has moved from 19 Nov to 1 Nov then back to 12 Nov - but yesterday it moved to Dec 12 - Feb 10 2014 !

I now feel totally trapped with this order as I hear that orders are bing fulfilled by date order and yet I don't see why I should sit by and wait until Feb if other shops can fulfill orders earlier - in the past Amazon have always seemed to have the pulling power to get stocks in early but this is a joke!

The price for the kit is also moving around and so it seems that if I go for a body only now elsewhere and then buy the lens for full price when it becomes available the total cost may be as much as £500 more than if I sit and wait.

This doesn't feel like flag ship service for their flag ship camera customers....

Any thoughts/ advice appreciated......
Old 3rd November 2013

Blimey.... Crazy situation... You can always call other retailers in case they have unsold stock and see if they price match and or can deliver quicker then cancel Amazon... You lose nothing in trying to locate one sooner... And good luck.... I haven't a clue when my order will be fulfilled.... Placed it same day as you too.
Old 3rd November 2013

I just checked and according to Amazon's own site they have in the UK 3 of the 12-50 kits available right now for despatch...