Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 22nd July 2008
mike1251

Water

A couple of different takes on Water

Old 22nd July 2008

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: Water

I love the third one, it captures how everything can be green in Cornwall - including the light.

Second I'm afraid is a bit cartoonish for my taste, and the first, well I wonder if you should have taken the colour out of the rocks and left it in the reflections.

Don't get me wrong, I think all three are basically good photographs, it is just as we push in a particular direction any image becomes more subject to the taste/whim of the viewer.

Nick

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk
Old 22nd July 2008
Fluffy

I liked them all, and , sorry Nick, the second one in particular. What is that thing? or is it a montage?

Steve
Old 23rd July 2008

Liked 1,291 Times in 498 Posts

Yes, I like the second and third ones best.. The old tripod and flowing water thing always pleases me. Is it Lydford gorge? No, that's in Devon innit.

As to the machinery.. is there a Cornish Tin Mine thing going on there?

Pete

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.
Old 23rd July 2008
ndl0071

My thought as well, looks very much like a disused mine, I think this one is my fav of the three because it's unusual, I really like the colouring.

No1 looks confused to me, is that a hybrid B&W thing going on there or is my work monitor throwing a wobbly?

No3 is very pleasant, these shots always look good.

Neil
Old 23rd July 2008
mike1251

Hi all thanks for the comments, the flowing water was taken at Goliths falls on bodmin moor, unfortunately with the amount of moss and green leaf in that area that is where the green lighting effect comes from.
The other two are in a disused quarry on Caradon hill just above the South Caradon Mine complex which makes for a good expedition

http://www.geocities.com/teammanley/...don/index.html

Mike