Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Events

Events Find out about and discuss events relating to the Olympus E-System.

Old 7th March 2012

Thanked 1,151 Times in 1,026 Posts
Liked 1,232 Times in 802 Posts
Re: Good day at Focus

Excellent images well done!

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
Old 7th March 2012

Liked 43 Times in 20 Posts

To all who have left comments Thanks again. Obviously I'm over the moon in gaining the LRPS. I went along to an advisory day in November which I must say is a must do. From then onwards I have tweeked and print then reprint the panel, until I was has happy with it as I could be. I was still very nervous whilst it was being assesed. I was also last of 3 from our club to have there prints assessed. They also got LRPS
Last night was camera club night and the chairman wasted no time in announcing all 3 of us had gained LRPS.

www.dncphotography.co.uk
Old 7th March 2012
Administrator

Thanked 3,147 Times in 2,456 Posts
Liked 4,454 Times in 2,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekC View Post
To all who have left comments Thanks again. Obviously I'm over the moon in gaining the LRPS. I went along to an advisory day in November which I must say is a must do. From then onwards I have tweeked and print then reprint the panel, until I was has happy with it as I could be. I was still very nervous whilst it was being assesed. I was also last of 3 from our club to have there prints assessed. They also got LRPS
Last night was camera club night and the chairman wasted no time in announcing all 3 of us had gained LRPS.
I agree that attending an advisory day is essential. Not only do you get a good indication of whether or not your proposed panel is likely to be successful and what you might need to do to improve, but you gain a good impression of the overall standard and learn the importance of presentation and arranging the positioning of your prints in relation to each other within the panel. That in itself is quite an art form.

Once again, well done Derek.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau