Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Legacy Lenses

Legacy Lenses Discuss the use of older lenses, using adapters, from the Olympus OM system, Leica M and R-series, and the millions of others too.

Old 18th June 2013

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Some lenses i picked up for next to nothing

I've had my m4/3's camera for a few weeks now and i've been bitten by the old lens bug, i'm having lots of fun trying old film camera lenses on it.

I picked up a Praktica MTL-3 camera on the car boot 2 weeks ago for 2 pounds, it had an Ensinor 28mm f2.8 lens on it, i've attached this via a converter on to my camera and i'm loving it here are a couple of efforts...

Last week i picked up some more film cameras for next to nothing, i think in total i have 5 camera bodies and i've got about 5 lenses now, for less than £20, including a 'Mitakon 75-150 zoom', and a 'Chinon 50 f1.4' both in mint condition, the Mitakon is Canon FD fit, and the Chinon is Pentax K, so i'm waiting on converters to arrive before i can test these lenses, what a joy it is to use these lenses though.

Thanks for looking
Old 19th June 2013

Liked 1,290 Times in 498 Posts
Re: Some lenses i picked up for next to nothing

It's great playing with cheap old lenses. I've tried loads in my time, many Konica Hexanons which are sharper than you might think, and a lot of Tamrons.

Like the cat picture - taken from the correct height ..

Pete

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.
The Following User Says Thank You to snaarman For This Useful Post:
ilscuro (19th June 2013)