Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > Flash

Flash FL-related discussions can be found here.

Old 14th December 2007
Jim

FL-50R prices and FL-50 price reduction.

Have just received my FL-50R from Ian Kerso (Flash Camera) and also had no issues registering it on the Oly website. Ian charged £249 excluding postage charges (he makes a small PayPal charge if using that method) It is US stock but are already imported to the UK and shipped from Scotland.

Anyone with worries and wanting to get genuine UK stock I noticed that Digital Depot have them listed in stock at £299

Digital Depot have also dropped their prices for the older FL-50 to just £199! A bargain for those not needing the remote feature.
Old 14th December 2007
Administrator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 1,280 Posts
Liked 1,757 Times in 793 Posts
Re: FL-50R prices and FL-50 price reduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Have just received my FL-50R from Ian Kerso (Flash Camera) and also had no issues registering it on the Oly website. Ian charged 249 excluding postage charges (he makes a small PayPal charge if using that method) It is US stock but are already imported to the UK and shipped from Scotland.

Anyone with worries and wanting to get genuine UK stock I noticed that Digital Depot have them listed in stock at 299

Digital Depot have also dropped their prices for the older FL-50 to just 199! A bargain for those not needing the remote feature.
Olympus has announced a firmware upgrade for the SP560 super zoom bridge camera to make it compatible with the new wireless flash system. I wonder if there is any hope that the E-410/510 might have a similar upgrade?

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 14th December 2007
Jim

Ian,

You would hope that if they are offering a firmware update for the prosumer camera then they must surely be planning one for the E-System ones.
Old 14th December 2007
emirpprime

From what the Oly guys said about why the FL30 & 50 are not compatible, it is all to do with how fast they can fire. So in theory any cam which can flash rapidly enough could be used with a firmware upgrade. Lets just hope the other pop-up flashes are fast enough
It would be a poor show if not.
Phil