Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II The second Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 2nd November 2017

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quality questions of fit and plastic

I am quite happy with my OM-D and am continually finding new "stuff" with it BUT two problems that I am curious to see if others have found these:

Memory card cover seems awfully loose to me; I can actually wiggle it around and it often opens in my overly-sweaty hand. Is this normal?

The button locking the battery cover on the optional hand grip has broken off. It just fell off. No great pressure. Somewhat similar to what happened to the plastic insert in the triangular wire left side camera strap holder. Happened within a week of purchase. I don't use it so no great importance. But it broke the same way the cover lock did: just sort of fell off!

I'm off to talk to Olympus about these problems but thought I would first see if others have experienced these issues.
Old 2nd November 2017

Liked 69 Times in 51 Posts
Re: Quality questions of fit and plastic

The memory card cover wiggle is common and fairly unimportant. What isn't obvious is that the cover is in two parts, inner and outer. The inner doesn't wiggle and seals the slots. The outer simply moves the inner when needed.

Very few problems have been reported with this camera compared to the early models.
Old 3rd November 2017

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Quality questions of fit and plastic

Thanks for your explanation. When I looked more closely I saw what you were saying. It's just that the cover is looser than other models I have had.