Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 15th November 2007

Liked 902 Times in 410 Posts
Red face Introducing a quiet, arty chap

The very nice way that everyone behaves here has encouraged me to say Hi.

I'm Peter from Northampton. 30 years ago I went to Art school trained as a graphic designer, illustrator and have spent most of my life in a mix of creative work. 20 years in public relations and marketing and before that five years as a freelance illustrator. So my MAC and the creative programmes (Photoshop, Indesign, Painter etc) are things I love.

I've always had olympus cameras from 21 when I bought an OM2N (still in good order 30 years on but not used now) and I still have 3 in everyday use. With digital cameras I have started to be more creative with my photography and natural history subjects (butterflies being a passion since I was a small child). But most of the time the best things are still flukes!

BTW. the name - Art Frames - relates to my picture framing business but seems to suit photography as well.

Big thanks to Ian for the way his team runs things and for the way everyone treats everyone else for helping me (a naturally quiet and anonymous forum watcher) to pop over the parapet.

Peter
Old 15th November 2007
Administrator

Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,311 Posts
Liked 1,815 Times in 818 Posts
Re: Introducing a quiet, arty chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by art frames View Post
The very nice way that everyone behaves here has encouraged me to say Hi.

I'm Peter from Northampton. 30 years ago I went to Art school trained as a graphic designer, illustrator and have spent most of my life in a mix of creative work. 20 years in public relations and marketing and before that five years as a freelance illustrator. So my MAC and the creative programmes (Photoshop, Indesign, Painter etc) are things I love.

I've always had olympus cameras from 21 when I bought an OM2N (still in good order 30 years on but not used now) and I still have 3 in everyday use. With digital cameras I have started to be more creative with my photography and natural history subjects (butterflies being a passion since I was a small child). But most of the time the best things are still flukes!

BTW. the name - Art Frames - relates to my picture framing business but seems to suit photography as well.

Big thanks to Ian for the way his team runs things and for the way everyone treats everyone else for helping me (a naturally quiet and anonymous forum watcher) to pop over the parapet.

Peter
You're most welcome Peter!

This is our third site and so far all the forums (fora) we operate seem to attract a friendly and informative bunch. I'm hoping the trend will continue!

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 15th November 2007
beardedwombat

I believe its because four-thirders are somewhat more civilized than those populating other fora. That is a lovely word Ian - fora! Welcome Peter.
Cheers
Chris
Old 15th November 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome Peter. Like yourself I was attracted by the friendliness of this forum.

I believe four thirders are more friendly because the have less weight to carry making them that little more carefree.
Old 15th November 2007

Liked 913 Times in 295 Posts
Talking Re: Introducing a quiet, arty chap

Hi Peter -

When I saw arty chap I mis-read it and and thought it said party chap and was going to ask you to put us on the list. Lol.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Regards. Barr1e