Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen E-P3

Olympus Pen E-P3 The third-generation Micro Four Thirds flagship Pen model from Olympus, complete with capacitive touch screen!

Old 25th September 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question EP-3 and VF-2/3

I have tried both the VF-2 and 3 on my EP-3 and both show the same problem. The camera can freeze up and not react to any input (rarely). Mostly the problem is that when using the VF, I cannot change the aperture using vertical control wheel. If I change to the camera' rear screen no problem. Occasionally I can clear the fault by raising the VF to its vertical position.

I'm baffled, any ideas? Is this a bug in the EP-3 firmware?

Mike
Old 25th September 2011

Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Re: EP-3 and VF-2/3

Hi I have heard of this with the 3 modes it is because of the touch screen mode so when using the vf2/3 switch of this mode in the menu and it will act as it should, Oly may bring out a software update to automatically switch it off when the vf is connected until then use the menu to switch the touch screen off manually.

Dave
Old 25th September 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: EP-3 and VF-2/3

Dave, Well done that is the answer. I think I would have struggled to find that on my own. Many thanks.

Mike

Tags
ep-3, vf-2, vf-3