Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk

Accessory talk Those important extra system components.

Old 22nd February 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: IR Filters - cheap imports from China - very good too!

Hi David

Thanks for your comments, I got it lucky with the weather that day to be honest, it was the same day that I managed to get the shot that I entered in the Photo of the Year challenge. A storm had just passed over, and it left things looking lovely.

I usually play around with the exposure when the 11-22mm has the IR filter screwed in... and as far as I remember, I tend to use exposures between 10s and 30s, with apertures from f4 to around f11. I'd say it comes very close to being a 10 stopper to be honest. That's going to be my next purchase, the ND110 72mm filter... just gotta get one as summer approaches...

I tried the welding glass, but I must have a bad one as there are lots of scratches and glitches in the images taken.