Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!


Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 15th January 2008
ptomsu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: No more longer E-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekW View Post
Sad thing is that the E3 has been rejected because an issue with a Panasonic lens. Who is to say which manufacturer is wrong - it could be a Panasonic issue
Well it ws not only the Pana lens, it was in some situations also the inconsistency in focus with the 12-60. But I must admit these situations were much more seldom and I would have survived with that.

But you exactly get the point here: multiple suppliers, none of them takes the blame if something gets wrong. One supplier you at least know who should be killed
  #17  
Old 15th January 2008
PeterD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: No more longer E-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
Then be happy to have found the camera you like! I also had no bad experiences after 15min handling. Or do you think I would have sold my D2X then to ump on the Ft train with the E3 as my choice???

I hope for you that you will stay satisfied with the E3. And BTW, Oly already got my money for the E3, the 12-60 and the FL50R. The main reason behind forums like this where people praise the quality of this FT standard as well as the hope to get a more lighter system than my Nikon. But now I happily traded that in for the D3. And I will not regret it.
As I said before, what you choose is your own personal descision and I for one would not in any way think you made made the right or wrong choices. Please do not be surprised that we are supportive of the 4/3 system as we have our own choices. Its sad that your comments continue and that you feel the need to defend your descision. I, like Olyflyer, am curious about the results that you have achieved with the E3 but at the end of the day it does not matter. You clearly do not want to share the detail and explore solutions.

Good luck to you. You have chosen another good camera and I wish you well.

Kind regards

PeterD
  #18  
Old 15th January 2008
ptomsu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: No more longer E-3

I would have posted results if I would not have already decided to change the vendor. I think at this stage it does no longer make sense as you say.

So enjoy your FT system(s) and just forget this issue.
  #19  
Old 15th January 2008
rob280165
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: No more longer E-3

Well I have to say that I traded my D2x and several Nikon pro lens because I wanted to get into the Olympus system. I have used my E-1 in my studio with wonderful results and my customers have never complained about the prints I produce. There seems to be a certain look which you can achieve with the E-1 that is not possible with the Nikon. As to the E-3 I have one but haven't had a chance to use it much but I have full confidence that the camera won't let me down.
  #20  
Old 15th January 2008
theMusicMan's Avatar
theMusicMan theMusicMan is offline
E-3 Enthusiast....:)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 5,878
Thanks: 143
Thanked 267 Times in 178 Posts
Likes: 8
Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: No more longer E-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
I would have posted results if I would not have already decided to change the vendor. I think at this stage it does no longer make sense as you say.

So enjoy your FT system(s) and just forget this issue.
Sorry, but I disagree.

Of course Peter is right, and I concurr that you have made your choice and were free to do so, I am happy that you have chosen whatever manufacturer you feel will give you the photography results you strive for.

However, due to the fact you remain somewhat active on here and continue to reply to posts, something tells me you will soon be happy to post images from your soon to be newly acquired D3 and say... "see.... the D3 is much better!" when you have refused to post images you say are inconsistent and of poor quality from your E-3.

You really should post these alleged poor images so that everyone can see them, understand your predicament and furthermore understand your rationale for moving away from Olympus and 4/3rds.

I don't mean to sound rude or harsh, but simply coming on here with your gripes, criticisms, issues, assertions of poor quality, and critique of the defense we, as members here, justifiably provide for Olympus and 4/3rds - just doesn't wash. You really ought to back up your not insubstantial claims with evidence and fact, or risk your credibility which will possibly diminish further.
__________________
John

  #21  
Old 16th January 2008
Solar Solar is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No more longer E-3



Happy Shooting!!
  #22  
Old 16th January 2008
OlyFlyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: No more longer E-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
Then be happy to have found the camera you like! I also had no bad experiences after 15min handling. Or do you think I would have sold my D2X then to ump on the Ft train with the E3 as my choice???

I hope for you that you will stay satisfied with the E3. And BTW, Oly already got my money for the E3, the 12-60 and the FL50R. The main reason behind were forums like this where people praise the quality of this FT standard as well as the hope to get a more lighter system than my Nikon. But now I happily traded that in for the D3. And I will not regret it.

AND - it was my own fault, I should have tested before buying :-))
Yes, as I said, 15 minutes does not make me an expert, but it is an eternity considering the tests I have done with my E-500 before buying it. In case I get problems with the E-3, I trust Oly service will handle it as good and professionally as the rest of my Oly gear the last 26 years. It is also the case that I don't plan to buy Pana lenses nor the 12-60 and I alredy have the FL-50 classic. Your problem may be in the 12-60 or the other lens. I am sorry if you sold your old camera, but have I had taken such a big step, I would have given the E-3 more chance. Even my 15 minutes shows clearly that the focusing is just extremely good and fast EVEN with my non SWD lenses. I tested with the ED50/f2 macro, and the focusing speed is just amazing. For the 14-54, the difference is noticable, but not that much. So, I assume that my planned next lens, the 50-200 SWD will be of a 'supersonic' speed.

Anyway, I think it is not very nice of you to register on a clear Oly forum and tell them you are not buying Oly because it is cr@p. It may be so that people for some strange reason don't appreciate that. Do you think it is OK to go to a Nikon site and raise issues about the D300 made in Thailand, a military dictatorship (yes, I know, the E-3, along with all the other Oly today is made in China), or the lack of proper anti dust system so many years after the intruduction of Oly E-1, or the lack of weather sealed cameras and lenses, or any other problems they have. Register on a Canon forum, try discuss back focus issues and in your first post mention you are not geting a Canon because of that.

At least the Oly forums discuss Oly problems immediately after somebody is discovering them. It does not take years, like it took for Canon to admit there is a backfocus issue. Have you ever visited the fourthirdsphoto.com forum? Full of issue discussions of any model. Nobody is got kicked out because an issue is raised. So, in my opinion, the blind fanboys are mostly populating other brand because they follow other fanboys and don't dare to go against the popularity of a brand. I don't think there is a need for a Messias on any Oly forum telling us how stupid we are, we do see the problems but we learn how to deal with them as well, not just sticking our heads in the sand. Don't worry, I will buy my E-3, and if I am not satisfied, I will make it public and never give up until Oly fixes the problems. I have already during my short session with the E-3 identified a few cons. If you are interested, you can read it here, including some of my images.

Anyway, I am sorry for your loss and wish you good luck for the future.
  #23  
Old 16th January 2008
ptomsu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: No more longer E-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyFlyer View Post
Yes, as I said, 15 minutes does not make me an expert, but it is an eternity considering the tests I have done with my E-500 before buying it. In case I get problems with the E-3, I trust Oly service will handle it as good and professionally as the rest of my Oly gear the last 26 years. It is also the case that I don't plan to buy Pana lenses nor the 12-60 and I alredy have the FL-50 classic. Your problem may be in the 12-60 or the other lens. I am sorry if you sold your old camera, but have I had taken such a big step, I would have given the E-3 more chance. Even my 15 minutes shows clearly that the focusing is just extremely good and fast EVEN with my non SWD lenses. I tested with the ED50/f2 macro, and the focusing speed is just amazing. For the 14-54, the difference is noticable, but not that much. So, I assume that my planned next lens, the 50-200 SWD will be of a 'supersonic' speed.

Anyway, I think it is not very nice of you to register on a clear Oly forum and tell them you are not buying Oly because it is cr@p. It may be so that people for some strange reason don't appreciate that. Do you think it is OK to go to a Nikon site and raise issues about the D300 made in Thailand, a military dictatorship (yes, I know, the E-3, along with all the other Oly today is made in China), or the lack of proper anti dust system so many years after the intruduction of Oly E-1, or the lack of weather sealed cameras and lenses, or any other problems they have. Register on a Canon forum, try discuss back focus issues and in your first post mention you are not geting a Canon because of that.

At least the Oly forums discuss Oly problems immediately after somebody is discovering them. It does not take years, like it took for Canon to admit there is a backfocus issue. Have you ever visited the fourthirdsphoto.com forum? Full of issue discussions of any model. Nobody is got kicked out because an issue is raised. So, in my opinion, the blind fanboys are mostly populating other brand because they follow other fanboys and don't dare to go against the popularity of a brand. I don't think there is a need for a Messias on any Oly forum telling us how stupid we are, we do see the problems but we learn how to deal with them as well, not just sticking our heads in the sand. Don't worry, I will buy my E-3, and if I am not satisfied, I will make it public and never give up until Oly fixes the problems. I have already during my short session with the E-3 identified a few cons. If you are interested, you can read it here, including some of my images.

Anyway, I am sorry for your loss and wish you good luck for the future.
As I said, I wish you all the luck and happiness you want to see and find in the FT system.

But you should note that I registered on this forum when I still was holding all my Oly gear and was not planning at this time to step out. It was actually the other way round, I was seeking for different FT forums to find out if similar problems which I had were reported. And although I did not find my specific issues discussed here with the 1,4/25, I found lot of discussion in different forums about different issues with AF of the E3 and lot of Oly glass. And this finally, together with some more tests I did - where I could see again the missfocus under several conditions made me decide to give the system back.

The last thing I wanted to initiate here is another comparison discussion between different brands and camera models. Each system has for sure its merits and disadvantages. And my move back to Nikon does not mean that Oly is bad - not at all! It more means that I am not capable of getting used to it. Take it this way. So I choose all the disadvantages of Nikon (which are of course also existent) but they are the minor issue finally for me. There is NO PERFECT CAMERA or CAMERA SYSTEM
  #24  
Old 16th January 2008
Ijay37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: No more longer E-3

[QUOTE=Barr1e;4546]
and presumably last post

If only. Do you think he works for Canikon
  #25  
Old 16th January 2008
PeterD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: No more longer E-3

[QUOTE=Ijay37;4702]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr1e View Post
and presumably last post

If only. Do you think he works for Canikon
I would not be so presumptious but, if we were giving prizes for a long goodbye, this would take the biscuit.

PeterD
  #26  
Old 16th January 2008
ptomsu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: No more longer E-3

[QUOTE=Ijay37;4702]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr1e View Post
and presumably last post

If only. Do you think he works for Canikon
Wishfull thinking

Unfortunately for you all her I am not working for Canon, Nkon, Leica, Sony Pana etc.

This would have been a great message for you all. Interesting though how nervous people get. But stay calm, you can have the confidence to work with the best product and system.

So why worry
  #27  
Old 16th January 2008
Ian's Avatar
Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 11,672
Thanks: 427
Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,283 Posts
Likes: 885
Liked 1,766 Times in 797 Posts
Re: No more longer E-3

I think this thread has gone the distance and so I'm closing it to further posts.

Ian
__________________
Founder and editor of:
Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:31 AM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger