Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 29th November 2008
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts
Question Confusion over My Mode

I'm gradually getting into my new E-3, and enjoying the differences over my E-520. However, I am slightly puzzled over one thing. I have a number of settings preset into "My Mode 1". When I am out shooting I might, for instance, change the ISO from this preset. However, if I power the camera down then back on, I find the camera has reset to "My Mode 1" settings. Is this correct behaviour?

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 29th November 2008

Liked 132 Times in 74 Posts
Re: Confusion over My Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenL View Post
I'm gradually getting into my new E-3, and enjoying the differences over my E-520. However, I am slightly puzzled over one thing. I have a number of settings preset into "My Mode 1". When I am out shooting I might, for instance, change the ISO from this preset. However, if I power the camera down then back on, I find the camera has reset to "My Mode 1" settings. Is this correct behaviour?
Sounds OK to me. I haven't tried using the My Mode settings on the E-3 but I use them extensively on my C-8080. The settings you put into My Mode will be stored in non-volatile memory, so when you power down and back up again the settings you set will be recalled. When you temporarily override one setting it will stay that way until you power down or deliberately select My Mode again.

Steve
Old 29th November 2008
Henk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenL View Post
However, if I power the camera down then back on, I find the camera has reset to "My Mode 1" settings. Is this correct behaviour?
This is correct Stephen, the E-3 remembers the "My Mode" settings when you power down and then back on.

I like it the way it is implemented in the E-3 much better as in the E-510 or E-500 where you have to keep the function button pressed.
Old 29th November 2008
250swb

Quote:
Is this correct behaviour?
Yes it is, but if you want the temoprary settings to remain, like if you are on day out and are switching off every now and again, try using the Custom Reset 1 or 2 for your favourite settings instead of My Mode. At the end of the day when all your settings may be subtly changed just go to Reset 1 or 2 and your favourite options will be brought back.

Steve
Old 29th November 2008
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts

Thanks - I think I've got my head round it now!

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site