Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 4th October 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Should I buy an E5

What do you think should I buy a E5 now!

Before the government cuts my beniefits to only 500 a week?

Only joking, I'm in the same position as told by another member on the forum a while ago, work all your life and then let go for medical reasons only to find I cannot claim a thing. Anyone know how they do it, I'll willingly settle for 250!

Bob
Old 4th October 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to AlistairJ
Re: Should I buy an E5

Suddenly there is a splurge of E-3's on fleaBay.

Whenever you buy it, its sure to be more expensive than if you waited and bought it later. Still, a camera in the hand, eh?

alistairj.smugmug.com
Old 4th October 2010

Liked 340 Times in 230 Posts

Just remember, VAT goes up on 1st January
Buy sooner than than later!

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 4th October 2010
Administrator

Thanked 3,182 Times in 2,486 Posts
Liked 4,535 Times in 2,157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblad View Post
What do you think should I buy a E5 now!

Before the government cuts my beniefits to only 500 a week?

Only joking, I'm in the same position as told by another member on the forum a while ago, work all your life and then let go for medical reasons only to find I cannot claim a thing. Anyone know how they do it, I'll willingly settle for 250!

Bob
I share the same sentiments, Bob, and it may well be me that you remember. Seems that benefit cheats can get away with thousands but genuine people struggle to get a mere pittance. What puzzles me is how the cheats get such big payouts in the first place. This isn't a country that values the good, the honest or the hard working anymore and sadly I think we're going down the pan. My advice to young, fit people is leave while you still can because this is no place to be old or ill.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 4th October 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry for any confusion but the post was meant as a light-hearted JOKE, Re the newly announced new maximum of 500 a week for benefit claimants. I hope I don't upset anyone by being a bit factitious.

As I said since my employer let me go and being refused any benefits because I didn't spend all my income and saved a bit and my partner is still earning, now my weekly income is 0.00, I'm just amazed that anyone can claim that sort of money!

But they might stop me having any income but they can't stop my sense of HUMER AND I MIGHT just spend some savings and treat myself to an E5 ANYWAY, as my daughter keeps telling me you can't take it with you!

I don't suppose I could make the most of a E5 anyway but eh I'm pretty P***ed off at the minute so I might just do it and before xmas so they don't get the extra vat thanks Dave for reminding me.

John I've just read your reply, I didn't think it was right to name you but you have all my sympathy in your situation.

I've been a watcher really but your all so friendly I might tap into the knowlege thats so freely given on this site as I need a bit of help really to move on a step.

Bob
Old 4th October 2010
Administrator

Thanked 3,182 Times in 2,486 Posts
Liked 4,535 Times in 2,157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblad View Post
Sorry for any confusion but the post was meant as a light-hearted JOKE, Re the newly announced new maximum of 500 a week for benefit claimants. I hope I don't upset anyone by being a bit factitious.

As I said since my employer let me go and being refused any benefits because I didn't spend all my income and saved a bit and my partner is still earning, now my weekly income is 0.00, I'm just amazed that anyone can claim that sort of money!

But they might stop me having any income but they can't stop my sense of HUMER AND I MIGHT just spend some savings and treat myself to an E5 ANYWAY, as my daughter keeps telling me you can't take it with you!

I don't suppose I could make the most of a E5 anyway but eh I'm pretty P***ed off at the minute so I might just do it and before xmas so they don't get the extra vat thanks Dave for reminding me.

John I've just read your reply, I didn't think it was right to name you but you have all my sympathy in your situation.

I've been a watcher really but your all so friendly I might tap into the knowlege thats so freely given on this site as I need a bit of help really to move on a step.

Bob
Hi Bob, I know lots of people do prefer just to watch but feel free to join in anytime you wish and let us know if there is anything specific we can do to help you move on a step.

AS for the 500 pw maximum - chance would be a fine thing, I'd be better off than when I was at work! I'd gladly settle for 500 a month!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 5th October 2010

Thanked 1,344 Times in 1,049 Posts
Liked 2,225 Times in 1,175 Posts

Yeah spend it while you have it. My wife keeps telling me we should be saving for our retirement. Enjoy it while you have it.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).