Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 3rd June 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Roll up, Roll up, Roll up all you long lens lovers

On offer today two superb pieces of glass - what couldn't be better timing with the weather improving, long summer days and the holidays almost upon us.

Tempting offer 1 - 1200mm of reach in a pristine Sigma 600 f8. This powerful yet handholdable stubby monster sets apart the men from the boys with their toys. Supplied with matching retro case with leather strap, colour filters to enhance your shooting experience and with a macro option at no extra cost.

Tempting offer 2 - Another Sigma this one a 70-300. Excellent condition and the push pull feature works a treat. As sharp as my 14-54+1.4tc. Comes complete with a sleeve to ensure you never loose your lens cap on the next trip out.

Ok ok ok I know - show us pictures of the goods. So here goes taken a couple of hours ago for your delight. Feast your eyes on the overcast back garden, marvel at the dulux paint can, oogle at the solar activated temperature recording device and more.

http://flickr.com/gp/8849012@N07/E58C38

Thanks for looking.

Alan

ps oh yes and you will still the boxed 35-70om lens and piccies still for sale.
Old 3rd June 2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Roll up, Roll up, Roll up all you long lens lovers

How much are you asking?
Old 3rd June 2009
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Hmmmm... I too would be interested in how much you're asking Alan please.

Old 3rd June 2009
mike_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiflyman View Post
On offer today two superb pieces of glass - what couldn't be better timing with the weather improving, long summer days and the holidays almost upon us.

Tempting offer 1 - 1200mm of reach in a pristine Sigma 600 f8. This powerful yet handholdable stubby monster sets apart the men from the boys with their toys. Supplied with matching retro case with leather strap, colour filters to enhance your shooting experience and with a macro option at no extra cost.

Alan

ps oh yes and you will still the boxed 35-70om lens and piccies still for sale.
I don't know this lens - is this a mirror lens?
Old 3rd June 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

Yes the 600 lens is a mirror lens and the pictures samples shown are using a tripod with all camera settings such as sharpness etc at 0, no other post processing other than raw to jpeg conversion using master.

As for a price I was hoping in the region of 100 each. I paid considerably more many years back and they fetch between 90 - 150 on ebay. OM did their own mirror lens back in the seventies and s/h values still remain at 3-400+ and reflects the quality of the glass. LCE seem to have Canon options for around 90 - OM options still seem harder to find.

Open to suggestions if anyone is interested.

A
Old 3rd June 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I forgot to add - to get a better view of the images on the gallery use the cooliris plugin in you haven't already got the software for your browser - the 3d view will enlarge the images for you.
Old 28th July 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just to say that the 600mm lens is now sold to a forum member.

Thanks again and I hope that you enjoy your new lens.

Regards

Alan