Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 7th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Just needed a Whiskey to 100% complete..

Great Pics!!

Have you ever tried Lagavuulin, 16 yr old Scotch?

Its an Isle Scotch and tastes (well reminds me of) a warm fire outdoors. It's smooth all the way down. Great for such peaceful or tranquil times ... its cost is prohibitive of being in the realm of the cheaper J&B type stuff (not to tread if this is someone's pick).

Best,

Solar
Old 7th January 2008

Liked 833 Times in 279 Posts

Garrie -

Hi to you both and a HNY. Great to think you have recovered from the tooth only to find something else invited itself onto the system

I think the second could become my favourite of the month.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 7th January 2008
Jim

I'm all for Single Malts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Great Pics!!

Have you ever tried Lagavuulin, 16 yr old Scotch?

Its an Isle Scotch and tastes (well reminds me of) a warm fire outdoors. It's smooth all the way down. Great for such peaceful or tranquil times ... its cost is prohibitive of being in the realm of the cheaper J&B type stuff (not to tread if this is someone's pick).

Best,

Solar
Solar,

Like your taste, although to some the peatiness of the Islay Whiskies is an aquired taste.

One of my favourite Islay's is the Caol Ila 15 Y/O Flora & Fauna.

However, living in the NE of Scotland, I do enjoy a Speyside Malt, in particular the Glen Moray 16 Y/O or The Balvenie Double Wood 12 Y/O.

I could talk about Whisky for days and have quite a selection, to the point where there is now no more room in the 'Whisky Cupboard'
Old 7th January 2008
SonorG

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Happy new year to you all, think this is the first time I've managed to get online and post

thanks for the kind words..

Barr1e - Thanks bud, I got that s**t yourself virus the day after New years Day, knightmare :-( Not had much chance to go out shooting this year, Susan has though.

Whisky is something I do enjoy but only in small doses. I really love some of the nicer Bowmores and agree the "peatyness" of most of the Islay Whiskys takes some getting used too.

Have Fun
Garrie
Old 7th January 2008
Senior

Liked 159 Times in 59 Posts
Re: I'm all for Single Malts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Solar,

Like your taste, although to some the peatiness of the Islay Whiskies is an aquired taste.

One of my favourite Islay's is the Caol Ila 15 Y/O Flora & Fauna.

However, living in the NE of Scotland, I do enjoy a Speyside Malt, in particular the Glen Moray 16 Y/O or The Balvenie Double Wood 12 Y/O.

I could talk about Whisky for days and have quite a selection, to the point where there is now no more room in the 'Whisky Cupboard'
I also come from NE Scotland and prefer Speyside Malt, especially 'The Macallan'. Personally, I do not care for the peaty southern Islay Malts, but rather Bunnahabhain from the north of the island. But let's face - there are no bad Scotch Whiskies - only some better than others.

Shaw
Old 7th January 2008
Jim

Shaw,

Like Bunnahabhain, Caol Ila is from the North Eastern side of Islay. I would fully agree with the point you make as to the much heavier peatiness applied to Ardbeg, Lagavulin and Laphroaig. Some of the older whiskies from the southern side of Islay can be like chewing kippers

I must say I had a rather pleasent bottle of The Macallan Elegancia 1990.

Oh the joys of living in the home of Whisky