Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 22nd December 2010

Liked 160 Times in 57 Posts
Re: The Local Photo

Steve

All signed up. Can you please add Moray to your Scotland area list?
Many thanks.

E-M1 Mk II, E-5, E-510, 9-18mm f4-5.6, 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 II, 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 SWD, 5omm f2, EC-14, 14-42mm, 40-150mm, Velbon GEO E640L/PHD64Q, METZ 48 AF-1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoates/
Old 22nd December 2010

Liked 66 Times in 31 Posts

Steve
If you want I can put you in touch with the chap that hosts my site. Its not costing me much to be hosted with him, and I currently have more than 1000 photos uploaded there.

Hopefully some of the newer members here would consider uploading their town/city photos to my site too?

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!
Old 22nd December 2010

Liked 76 Times in 23 Posts

There you go Steve added

Yes please Tracey if you wouldnt mind that would be great, give him the website address and ask him to email me from the contact page (dont want to post my email because of spam)

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff
Old 22nd December 2010

Liked 134 Times in 50 Posts

Steve,

Would it be an idea to add a section to the site for people/companies who are looking for something in particular? I've seen it on other stock sites, and it may be an idea for you to think about whilst the site is in its infancy.

There have been some excellent images uploaded today...how do you control the quality?

Janet

Old 22nd December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Steve,

Would it be an idea to add a section to the site for people/companies who are looking for something in particular? I've seen it on other stock sites, and it may be an idea for you to think about whilst the site is in its infancy.

There have been some excellent images uploaded today...how do you control the quality?

Janet
Thanks Janet, that is a great Idea, to add a Request page, I have a notepad of development ideas and thats now on there

Yes I agree some excellent photos, im really happy with the response, its just myself controlling the site for now, but will outsource responsibilities if all goes well

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff
Old 22nd December 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cracking idea mate, just signed up - glad I went for a wonder round my village in the snow the other week. Will be uploading as soon as I get on my PC

Regards

Neil
The Following User Says Thank You to roadkill_6mm For This Useful Post:
stevednp3 (22nd December 2010)
Old 22nd December 2010

Liked 71 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevednp3 View Post
Hi Catkins, I was trying to find your site on here, as I wanted to contact you to make sure you was ok with me posting about this, sorry I couldnt remember you name , I hope I havent offended in anyway with this idea, but I thought our sites would be different enough.

If you wouldnt mind creating a link from your site for me I would most appreciate it and do the same in return

Thank you
Absolutely no problem in thought deed or action, so offence doesn't come into mind at all

And no problem at all to link to The Local Photo from my websites where possible - crossover links are a good way to help promote websites of interest and help them get picked up by the various search engines, so with this or any other sites that I feel happy to promote it's good to help out in a small way.

Would you like to PM me with a short resume about the new site and I will then use or adapt that and any logo (if available at this time) on my website.
And if Ian sees this, how about Olympus providing some logos etc., for us to link our passion and the cameras that we use?

Regards

PS - for those who don't know the real side of 'catkins', my name is Chris - hello!
Old 22nd December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
Absolutely no problem in thought deed or action, so offence doesn't come into mind at all

And no problem at all to link to The Local Photo from my websites where possible - crossover links are a good way to help promote websites of interest and help them get picked up by the various search engines, so with this or any other sites that I feel happy to promote it's good to help out in a small way.

Would you like to PM me with a short resume about the new site and I will then use or adapt that and any logo (if available at this time) on my website.
And if Ian sees this, how about Olympus providing some logos etc., for us to link our passion and the cameras that we use?

Regards

PS - for those who don't know the real side of 'catkins', my name is Chris - hello!
Thanks Chris thats great to know and I'll glady pm you some info from my site so you can post on yours. Im also going to set up a links page so I can return the favour for yourself and others

Old 22nd December 2010
Administrator

Liked 507 Times in 281 Posts

Hi Steve

Will you be offering anything other than royalty free?

I've always had a credit when my pictures have been used and I don't believe that royalty free gives me such a right.. right ?

Stupid or not I think that if David Bailey can have his name next to his picture why can't I

Also will you be offering single use or time limited options for the photographer to demand. I've always sold for a purpose and editorial/commercial and web/print are different purposes that typically attract different rates

Regards
Andy
FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
http://www.shenstone.me.uk
http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
https://vimeo.com/shenstone
http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/
Old 22nd December 2010

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 797 Times in 466 Posts

Hi Steve
Great idea, have just signd up.

Regards

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterBirder For This Useful Post:
stevednp3 (22nd December 2010)
Old 22nd December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenstone View Post
Hi Steve

Will you be offering anything other than royalty free?

I've always had a credit when my pictures have been used and I don't believe that royalty free gives me such a right.. right ?

Stupid or not I think that if David Bailey can have his name next to his picture why can't I

Also will you be offering single use or time limited options for the photographer to demand. I've always sold for a purpose and editorial/commercial and web/print are different purposes that typically attract different rates

Regards
Andy
Thanks for the questions Andy, at the moment I will be starting off as Royalty free and single use.

The long term plan will be to add more and more options like extended use of images etc

Another service I will be looking to offer is password protected secure areas that you can load your photos into and send to your clients and only they can see not the general public.

I hope this helps

Old 22nd December 2010

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi Steve,

Just signed up (what better motivation to get out and about over the holiday period).

When you get a chance can you add 'Hertfordshire' to the list of counties.

Fingers crossed for you, sounds like a sure winner to me.

Jason.

E-M1, E-M5, EP-3, E1
ZD 9-18, 12-60, 14-54, 50-200, 70-300, 12-50, 40-150, EC14, EC20, EX25
Sigma 30

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gadgeteer2004/
Old 22nd December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchallen View Post
Hi Steve,

Just signed up (what better motivation to get out and about over the holiday period).

When you get a chance can you add 'Hertfordshire' to the list of counties.

Fingers crossed for you, sounds like a sure winner to me.

Jason.
Cheers Jason, I hope it helps everyone to get out and take more local photos. I've added the town for you too.

Old 22nd December 2010
davidsa

Sounds interesting!

If a customer orders a print, who physically makes the print, puts it in the envelope, and licks the stamp? (Please excuse the naive question, but I've never even thought of trying to sell a picture).

Also, should pictures submitted incorporate a copyright message?

Thanks

David
Old 23rd December 2010

Hi David

It is a very good question, so far I'm thinking of using photobox as the sole supplier of all prints through their reseller department.

Out of all the companies I have used in the past I have never had a problem with using them on a supplier to client basis and they can handle everything for me down to tracking the deliveries.

Cheers
Steve

EDIT. with copyright the site auto generates a copyright watermark to protect your images