Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 25th September 2012

Liked 296 Times in 187 Posts
Olympus 150mm F2 SHG for sale !

I have now received the 90-250 F2.8 from SRS and have thus decided to 'let go' of my superb 150mm F2 SHG lens. Not an easy decision I have to say, however the 90-250 will be more versatile for my needs albeit with the penalty of greater weight .

The 150 is in great condition, there are no scrapes/marks etc. The optics are unblemished having had a filter always fitted to the front, and the greatest of care taken when mounting/dismounting the lens so the rear optic is equally unblemished. The AF is very quick for such large glass and works flawlessly.

THe original lens hood is included as are front and rear caps, the original heavy-duty lens case and the box.

I am also including the 86mm UV filter I have for it ( although not seen in the images ) , it is a Hoya Digi-Pro UV and is quite expensive new.

As I am sure you are aware this lens is of the highest optical quality and turns in a phenomenal performance, even wide open it is tack-sharp. It also works very well with both the 1.4x and 2x convertors.

The design is very compact considering its focal length and aperture and it can easily be hand-held for a considerable time.

With regard to price ...... I am offering it to forum members at 100 below what I would be looking for via ebay ( allow for fees etc ) and I would also prefer someone here to buy it, so for now it will only be available via this forum. The price 1,150.00 plus postage , postage will be via Royal Mail Special Delivery at a cost of 25.00 however I will pay half of this if a forum member buys it. Payment to be made by 'bank transfer' of 'cash on collection' , if latter there naturally will be no postage to pay.

PLEASE NOTE: I have been contacted earlier today by "Jim Ford" with regard to the possible sale of this lens after he learned I may be selling it having read my post regarding the arrival of the 90-250. I have offered it to Jim at the same price quoted on this 'open' post and await his reply, therefore for now Jim has 'first refusal'. However if you are interested then please do register your interest.

Oh finally, I may well also sell my 35-100 F2 SHG, I am thinking of getting a 50mm F2 to team up with the 90-250 and the 14-35 F2. The 35-100 is in the same superb condition, boxed etc etc. Will be the same price, if interested let me know as there is a real possibility I will let it go too.

Regards Simon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 150 no1.jpg (76.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 150 no2.jpg (55.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 150 no3.jpg (45.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 150 no4.jpg (84.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 150 no5.jpg (64.5 KB, 48 views)
Old 26th September 2012

Re: Olympus 150mm F2 SHG for sale !

Jim has come back to me and decided not to go for it.

Therefore it is now up for sale on the open forum at a price of 1150.00

I have decided to pay the whole postage fee, so the above figure includes delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery to a UK address.

I "may" consider "sensible" offers, but given this lens costs at least 1,999.00 new and mine is in superb condition please do make any offer sensible

Also, I shall take some photo's of the 35-100 F2 on the weekend, it is equally as nice as the 150mm, price same as 150mm and will also possibly consider "sensible" offers.

Regards Simon
Old 29th September 2012

Both the 35-100 & 150 F2 are now sold.

Regards Simon
Old 2nd October 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In that case I'll put mine up to sell before the end of the week. Was just waiting for this to sell first

(Latest Work)

Equipment - Olympus stuff - 'nuff said
Old 2nd October 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallaWolf View Post
In that case I'll put mine up to sell before the end of the week. Was just waiting for this to sell first

Thank you Ceri that was very decent of you. This forum has without a doubt ( and sister forum ) the most polite and considerate members of any I know and it is why I enjoy being a member myself.

Kind regards Simon