Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > Flash

Flash FL-related discussions can be found here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th August 2012

Liked 665 Times in 283 Posts
Remotely operating Oly flashes AARRGGHH

I have an E-P2 and an E-M5, the clip-in flash for the E-M5 (FL-LM2), FL50 and FL50R.

The FL50R is wireless - but optically, not radio. And not just plain vanilla optical either, something else is going on because the FL-50 won't fire the FL50R. Is it a weird combination of radio + optical trigger?

So I can fire the FL50R from my E-M5 if I use the clip-in. But the clip-in doesn't work on the E-P2 (WHY NOT) so I can't fire the FL50R remotely with the E-P2 without buying and then carting around yet another flash.

Why oh why do they not just use radio triggering from the camera

As it is, I'm stuck with radio triggers for the E-P2

That was just a moan, BTW, although a reply saying "you idiot, you just do ......" would be appreciated.

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery