Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Photo challenges

Photo challenges Meet the challenge of posting your photos in fun competitions set by e-group users, or set one yourself!

Old 5th January 2010

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Smile 25th Challenge "Snow & Ice"

25th Challenge "Snow & Ice"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please make a sticky

The theme for the 1st e-group challenge of 2010 is - Snow & Ice

With so much Snow & Ice around at the moment and more bad weather due I thought it was something we should all have access too!! Ofcourse you could always stay indoors and takes pictures of ice cubes or alike the choice is yours. Just to make it clear it can be snow or ice not just snow and ice - I look forward to seeing your ideas

Sorry to those guys that have put some great winter shots up already as you have to go back out and brave the elements again

Quick check list: Up to 800 pixels wide or high. Up to 512Kbytes. EXIF intact please. Taken by yourself on an E-series camera between Tuesday 5th January 2010 through Friday 22nd January 2010 inclusive. Please include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

However, these are the rules in full;

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between - Tuesday 5th January 2010 through Friday 22nd January 2010 inclusive(2 1/2 weeks) and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery on Saturday 23rd January 2010 and we will vote in the next following week after this, voting will be completed by midnight Friday 29th January . I will announce the winner on Saturday 30th January.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 px on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please email me with the image attached - dave_butcher@ntlworld.com - however please include the words Olympus Challenge in the title line so I can sort the pictures from the spam :-)
Old 5th January 2010

Liked 68 Times in 37 Posts
Re: 25th Challenge "Snow & Ice"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbutch View Post
Ofcourse you could always stay indoors and takes pictures of ice cubes or alike the choice is yours.
May just have to do that Dave as we have neither outside Some snow is forecast for tonight though

Flickr
Old 5th January 2010
Mike Plunkett

Sounds like an interesting challenge. I wonder what Fleet Pond will look like after the forecast 4-6" of snow is dumped on it?
Old 5th January 2010

Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts

ooh we've finally had a sprinkling of snow, so maybe I'll be able to do something too (I just hope its not all melted by the time its light tomorrow )

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!
Old 11th January 2010

Just to remind you to get those shots in or to go out and brave the elements before it disapears.

Thanks to those who have already entered

Dave
Old 12th January 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did not know of this challenge when I went out snapping last week, but hopefully my entry fits the theme enough
Old 20th January 2010

Your last few days to get your entries in, had a good number already but I'm sure a few more may be holding out till the last minute!

Dave
Old 21st January 2010

Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

Have not got a snowballs chance in hell of photographing snow or ice, as I'm in Australia, so it might be ice cubes or the view inside my freezer
Roberta
Old 21st January 2010

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Have not got a snowballs chance in hell of photographing snow or ice, as I'm in Australia, so it might be ice cubes or the view inside my freezer
Roberta
Can't beat that excuse so had better get me finger out and enter

Keith
Old 22nd January 2010

Last chance to get your images in

Dave
Old 23rd January 2010

Voting now available here: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7998