Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements

Announcements E-System news releases.

Old 15th October 2012

Liked 38 Times in 24 Posts
Thanks, John, for not pointing out my idiocy. Is embarrassing to be such a sloppy post-er. I blame the coffee. And I'll confess that the OMD does generate a kind of "got the hots for the cheerleader" feeling. I've used evf cameras in the past, thought they were a marvelous invention.
Old 15th October 2012
Administrator

Thanked 3,151 Times in 2,459 Posts
Liked 4,455 Times in 2,116 Posts
Re: Interview with Akira Watanabe at PMA 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart G View Post
Thanks, John, for not pointing out my idiocy. Is embarrassing to be such a sloppy post-er. I blame the coffee. And I'll confess that the OMD does generate a kind of "got the hots for the cheerleader" feeling. I've used evf cameras in the past, thought they were a marvelous invention.
There's a lot to commend Micro Four Thirds and it could not have come at a better time in my life for a number of personal reasons, but it's not for everyone and doesn't yet fulfill every requirement to the standard of a DSLR. I do think it is short-sighted of Olympus not to throw their loyal DSLR users a bone in the form of an exising budget/mid range camera with an updated sensor, just as a stop gap until the focus issue of Four Thirds lenses is resolved and available in an entry level OM-D.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau