Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Old 5th April 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lowepro Slingshot 102AW

Does anyone use one of these? I bought a 102AW a couple of months ago and took it on my recent trip to Washington. My 14-54 is on the E-3 as a standard. Halfway through the holiday I noticed that the AF was becoming problematic whilst using my 14-54. On further inspection the lens mount on the 14-54 had become loose and was moving by 2-3mm from the lens body but only at the locating pin side. I didn't have any jewellers screwdrivers but managed to re-tighten the screws using a sharp pointed knife and the AF worked ok. I'm just wondering if the fact that the camera with lens attached is normally sitting in an unnatural position within the slingshot has caused this. Any thoughts?
Old 29th May 2012

Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Smile Re: Lowepro Slingshot 102AW

I'm quite a fan of LowePro bags and have a couple of Slingshots. I bought a Slingshot 200AW several years ago to carry my Canon EOS outfit when on holiday, and then a Slingshot 102AW when I moved to a Panasonic Lumix G1 outfit. (Now to be used with my EM-5 of course.) I've never had any problems with the way they carry the cameras, but had to move the inserts around to carry my longer telephoto lenses horizontally across the bag rather than at right angles to my back.

Chris