Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 28th September 2011

Liked 36 Times in 18 Posts
Wsih list

All this recent talk of small mirrorless cameras has got me thinking as to what I would like Olympus (or any other manufacturer) to bring out in the mirrorless stakes in 2012 to suppliment my current kit (E5 plus Pen). What would make my heart beat faster would be a full frame version of the ZX-1 - that is a fixed lens camera with a large sensor, I would settle for one with a prime lens but would prefer a zoom as long as it had a large max aperture. It would need to be light and easily portable - it would then make an ideal landscape camera. All in all a bit like a fixed lens version of the M9 with standard AF instead a range finder (at a fraction of the price)

I would be interested to hear what is on anyone else's wish list

Roger
Old 28th September 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Wsih list

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMac View Post
All this recent talk of small mirrorless cameras has got me thinking as to what I would like Olympus (or any other manufacturer) to bring out in the mirrorless stakes in 2012 to suppliment my current kit (E5 plus Pen). What would make my heart beat faster would be a full frame version of the ZX-1 - that is a fixed lens camera with a large sensor, I would settle for one with a prime lens but would prefer a zoom as long as it had a large max aperture. It would need to be light and easily portable - it would then make an ideal landscape camera. All in all a bit like a fixed lens version of the M9 with standard AF instead a range finder (at a fraction of the price)

I would be interested to hear what is on anyone else's wish list

Roger
Are you after the larger XZ-1 sensor for large prints? I'm only guessing, but isn't sensor size something to do with overall body size, thus a larger sensor would defeat the object of a pocketable camera?

I have E-1, E-PL1, and XZ-1 but it's the latter I tend to pick up for general use.
But then I don't print big!

--------------------------