Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th August 2014

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
"Noddy died" aka John Coombs

my dads Brooklands racing mate passed on ... and I just discovered, well got a Solicitors letter "he left a little "Bequest to me" surprise Noddy

... my Dad did Noddys engines pre war ... and they continued to be great mates trackside where dad often helped out Ken Tyrell; Noddy ; Tony Brooks; Innes Ireland ; Stirling and many others in the pits including the famous "Babs" and Parry Thomas Parry is buried next to my grandad in the village!)

(ps I am not a petrol head) but just love History and cars were a major in my early years ! like it or not!) and I do love the Goodwood Revival dressing up 40/50s style and driving a nice car there and looking after it (some of the time in return for the tickets)

When the Garage, was "BMW" I did lots of Hosting at Launches. for John with college mates - wearing the "prescribed" BMW leather mini skirts and motor cycle leather womens jackets, in silver/grey - which we were given afterwards ... a big deal as Biba designed by Barbara Hulaniki

some of his car collection were sold - others retained ...

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/n...sold-in-london

I drove that Fraser-Nash and have taken photos of it outside my home here just before taking it to Goodwood

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ra...h-john-coombs/

he left my brother a much larger "Bequest" ... who made his "special Classic Cars for 17 years" see above hotlink ...

"I have a small workshop at Guildford, with a wonderful man who has worked for me for 17 years, and he can make anything. Weíre doing a very special E-type at the moment. Iíve got a 328 BMW, another E-type, an XK120, a Porsche 356 four-cam and a 356 Speedster. And I always wanted a Type 59 Bugatti with a proper two-seater body. I bought a chassis from Uwe Hucke, and we built it. Took years, but now itís finished and itís fabulous.Ē

I can take anyone to that Workshop in Guildford near to Innes Irelands home ... and have albums of photos of Noddys collection and racing days ... I was "a track child" left in the pits with a camera, wearing a "Sunday frock; white ankle socks with lace tops and not permitted to get near the cars ; in the way nor dirty".

I recorded every step of the restoration design and build and the Bugatti Blueprints loaned from the "Bug family museum north of Bologna" for the Restoration of that 59. I photographed my brother cutting in "the bonnet airways" they were very prone to overheating and Noddy did not want any problems for the forthcoming Mille-millia he enter the 57/59 in

here is a report of her at the Concours de' elegance July 9, 1997
http://www.bugattipage.com/1997news.htm

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bu...%3B2364%3B1492

But my dad gave me a camera and I snapped and snapped away ! and now these images are sold around the world many times I like Publishing = do it once, sell it many times !

Photography is such a "holistic hobby" anywhere, anytime, any subject
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
The Following User Liked This Post:
tomphotofx (11th August 2014)