Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th October 2012

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
Re: Should I stay or should I go?

I'm following this with interest.

It is such a conundrum, I wish I had bought a canikon in the first place then I would be certain that my choice was better than everyone else's !

The D600, on paper does what I want, until I factor in the lenses, this is why we are all wringing our hands and not jumping ship in a flash. The current Oly bodies for 4/3 are behind the curve now and have been for a while, with nothing concrete on the horizon we get the jitters.

To get the reach of 12-60 + 50-200 on a canikon full frame with quality lenses is horrifically expensive and they are all huge.

I picked up those two Oly lenses for good prices from ebay, both minters and collection only auctions. One good short Nikon zoom would cost as much as I paid for both.

The answer seems to be keep those lenses with one body and pray for am E5 replacement, thin out the Oly kit and somehow get a D600 and a couple of decent full frame primes second hand - for now.

If Oly don't come up with the goods then complete the switch later with a crop sensor body to complement the full frame and zooms.

Just got to work out how to fund this