Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-510

Olympus E-510 E-510 specific discussion.

Old 27th June 2008

Liked 129 Times in 42 Posts
Another E-510 Arrived - Impressed!!

Well, my own E-510 twin lens kit arrived today - I couldn't believe how small and light the package was when I took it from the courier; I was convinced they'd omitted the two lenses from it until I opened it!

I'm glad I spent endless hours and more than a few years with my old SLR's many moons ago, as much to my surprise, most of the stuff you learn never really leaves you, which makes life much easier.

The size/weight is just fantastic, and despite my fears, the viewfinder is just fine for me (anything would seem like looking through patio doors after using the viewfinder on my Canon A620). One small thing I did notice is that there is a tiny black spot near the bottom centre of the viewfinder.

Reading reviews and having the manual in PDF format before it arrived meant I got it set up as I want (initially, at least) in no time, and it all feels very comfortable. I very rarely took my old SLR's anywhere 'on spec' due to the size and weight involved, but this is going to be very different methinks.

For 350 it has to be the bargain of the year.... even if I'd had the chance to handle one before buying, which I never, I still believe it's what I'd have bought.
Old 27th June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Another E-510 Arrived - Impressed!!

Smashing little camera isn't it ?
Im well chuffed with mine.
Picked up the case and spare battery that should have come bundled with the camera yesterday and found that the case was a leather E System shoulder bag worth 40. So with that and the spare battery I dont think I did too bad at 440 all in.
Old 28th June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Another E-510 Arrived - Impressed!!

Hey DekHog, this is funny my 510 arrived today as well, very impressive camera. I was a little bummed out though as it has rained here all day and wasn't able to go out and play with the new toy.

hope you enjoy the new toy I know I'm going to when the weather gets fine again.