Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference

Camera conference General and model-specific E-System camera chat.

View Poll Results: Will you buy the E5?
Yes 16 20.25%
No 24 30.38%
Undecided 21 26.58%
Wait for test results 18 22.78%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th September 2010
Kiwi Paul

Re: Will you buy the E5?

That's a shame I was hoping mid Oct as I'm going on a photographic trip to Slovakia end of Oct and was hoping to get one for the trip.

Paul
Old 29th September 2010

Liked 888 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofmix View Post
That's a shame I was hoping mid Oct as I'm going on a photographic trip to Slovakia end of Oct and was hoping to get one for the trip.

Paul
It looks like SRS will have them for their Olympus open day on the 16th October http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/c/4...R-Cameras.html might be worth a call to Chris Harland there.

Olympus equipment
Capture One Pro
My flickr
Old 29th September 2010
Kiwi Paul

SRS said they might be in before the end of Oct so I may be lucky.

Paul
Old 30th September 2010
Dave_L

Smile Re: Will you buy the E5?

There seems to be general gloom about the e5 not being up to expectations and that 43 will slowly die out in favour of m43. But. I have just been out to my local Jessops to look at the competition and I have to say that despite all the bells and whistles found on Canikon products I still think that my E3 is a great camera. Other cameras may have more pixels etc etc but my E3 fits my hand like a glove and takes great photos - Canon cameras especially are either too plasticky at the cheap end of the range and too big at the pro end - same with Nikon. So yes I will buy the E 5, as an updated E3 is exactly what I want, early indications are that the IQ will easily justify the upgrade. After all I still use my old OM1 so if I do buy an E5 I expect to be using it in 10 years time whatever Olympus decide about 43 and it will still be taking good photos then. In any case if enough of us go out and buy the new camera it will make Olympus think again.

Dave
Old 1st October 2010

Liked 348 Times in 144 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka

For anyone who's happy with what they've got it would be financial madness to consider switching to another brand. I shall buy the E5 and I may hang on to the E3 as a backup rather than sell it.

EM1ii, EM10ii
Old 1st October 2010

Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaka View Post
For anyone who's happy with what they've got it would be financial madness to consider switching to another brand. I shall buy the E5 and I may hang on to the E3 as a backup rather than sell it.
Ditto except that I SHALL keep the E3

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/