Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Old 27th December 2007
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Anyone suggest a remote shutter release for my E-3...

Hey All

I am after a remote shutter release for my E-3. Can be wired or wireless - not bothered either way really but I guess wired would be just as good in this case as it's only for photographing the birds I see at my feeding table in the garden.

I have seen loads of variety over the last few days, but really need a cable release which I cam sure I could put to good effect.

Ta

Old 27th December 2007
beardedwombat

Re: Anyone suggest a remote shutter release for my E-3...

I bought one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HQ-Remote-Swit...QQcmdZViewItem. It took a couple of weeks to get here but works very well.
Chris
Old 28th December 2007

Liked 195 Times in 130 Posts

Hi I think it's worth reading this thread from over the pond. It looks like there is a bit of a design issue with the socket on the camera getting pushed back into the body. It looks like Olympus's fix is superglue.
http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com/vbb/s...ad.php?t=19761

I'm not yet convinced its waterproof without the little screw on cap either.

My dirt cheap infra red Chinese remote seems to work ok at short distances.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!

Last edited by peak4; 28th December 2007 at 01:15 AM. Reason: forgot the infra red comment, oops.
Old 28th December 2007
Chillimonster

I Use one of the cheap IR remotes, but you will either need a small mirror, or be in front of the camera for it to work.

I have been looking at one of the 100m RF remotes - i used on on my 40d when i had it and they work - as they say - up to 100m, so a lot more versatile.

Chris
Old 28th December 2007
Ijay37

The Olympus RM-CB1 made originally for the E-1 fits the E-3 as well, it is about 1.25mtrs long.
John