Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5

Olympus OM-D E-M5 The first Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus with an integrated Electronic Viewfinder

Old 24th May 2012

Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Wireless Remote for the EM-5?

I wanted a wireless remote shutter control for my EM-5 rather than the expensive Olympus wired RM-UC1, so ordered a JJC wireless remote from Amazon. But when it arrived today, I was disappointed to find that the transmitter was faulty. (The receiver will connect to the EM-5 and operate the shutter via its shutter release button, but the transmitter doesn't seem to be talking to the receiver - yes the batteries are inserted properly and I have set the DIP switches to the same channel!) I'm also not to impressed with the quality of the plastics, the exposed DIP switches and the types of batteries used.

Looking around again, I've found the Pixel Oppilas (again available via Amazon) which does the same job and seems to be better made. Has anyone any experience of this device?

Chris
Old 6th June 2012

Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Re: Wireless Remote for the EM-5?

After my previous post, I discovered that the Pixel Oppilas is also marketed by Hama as their DCCSystem. I've bought one of these and am extremely impressed with it. Although it's more expensive than the JJC device, it is much better made and uses common AAA batteries. It also works unlike the JJC one I bought and returned!

Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to CJJE For This Useful Post:
ayewing (11th July 2012)