Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 16th April 2012

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 798 Times in 467 Posts
"Street Art" and a Landscape

Last October I posted some shots of street sculpture on our local estate called Great Notley Garden Village. Across the road from here is Great Notley Country Park which I'm ashamed to admit until yesterday I had never visited. It's run jointly by the local District Council and the County Council and it's actually very good.It also has some interesting outdoor artwork.

There are a number of seats sculpted from tree trunks.

Some "water features" that can be operated by the kids, great fun!

The mound behind this one is the Great Notley Bowl, an amphitheatre used for outdoor performances and concerts. On top of this is a modern sculpture "The Bird of Peace".

To me it looks more like a raptor pouncing on it's prey. I think it may be Essex's answer to "The Angel of The North". This one is a replacement as the original one was stolen, perhaps someone agrees with me.

Here's the view from the top. Being in "flat Essex" you can see an incredible distance from here.

My favourite sculpture is "The Pixie" on her toadstools.

Thanks for looking.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Old 16th April 2012
Loving my E1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: "Street Art" and a Landscape

now that look like a fantastic place to visit love the water feature and the bird sculpture.
Old 16th April 2012

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 798 Times in 467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippledsandwich View Post
now that look like a fantastic place to visit love the water feature and the bird sculpture.
Thanks Chris.
There's quite a lot more besides what I have shown here. There are two lakes, lots of woodland and loads more climbing frames and giant see-saws etc. for the kids. There's also a very good "discovery centre" which is an eco-friendly visitor/interpretation centre with a cafe and facilities like cycle hire.

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Old 16th April 2012
Administrator

Thanked 3,185 Times in 2,489 Posts
Liked 4,557 Times in 2,166 Posts

Yes, Notley Country Park is a very interesting place, my daughter loves the various climbing frames. We went to an event there a couple of weeks ago, organized by the local astronomy club who had a number of telescopes set up. Unfortunately we didn't see much because it was mainly cloudy but we did get a few glimpses of the moon.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there — even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau