Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 2nd November 2017

Liked 282 Times in 145 Posts
Affinity Photo Version 1.6

Affinity have just announced their upgrade which is free of charge to existing users and for the next couple of weeks, they have also bundled some free add-ons.
https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/?ut...h&mc=ADAP16LE1

David
Old 2nd November 2017

Thanked 1,002 Times in 799 Posts
Liked 3,217 Times in 905 Posts
Re: Affinity Photo Version 1.6

Yes, I received an email about it today. I will update it later and claim my free 'goodies'.

Ron
Old 3rd November 2017

I downloaded and installed the update yesterday without any problems. However when I attempted to claim the free extras I was unable to log in to my account as it didn't recognise any of my passwords. When I followed the procedure to reset my password the email with the instructions didn't appear.

After a bit of research it seems that I don't have an account with Affinity, despite purchasing the application and receiving emails from them. It seems that I have to create a new account to claim the freebies.

I am not at home at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet but hopefully it will work. This only applies to Mac users, so it might be helpful to anyone else having a similar problem.

Ron
Old 3rd November 2017
Codger

Liked 105 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olybirder View Post
I downloaded and installed the update yesterday without any problems. However when I attempted to claim the free extras I was unable to log in to my account as it didn't recognise any of my passwords. When I followed the procedure to reset my password the email with the instructions didn't appear.

After a bit of research it seems that I don't have an account with Affinity, despite purchasing the application and receiving emails from them. It seems that I have to create a new account to claim the freebies.

I am not at home at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet but hopefully it will work. This only applies to Mac users, so it might be helpful to anyone else having a similar problem.

Ron
Have you tried going to "Welcome" on the Help menu? There should be a link there to claim the freebies.

You may need a Support account which I think is separate from the store account.

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 3rd November 2017
Senior

Liked 162 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:

Ron
I had the same problem, but solved it by creating an Affinity Store account.

My Zenfolio Site
My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | EE-1 Dot Sight Lumix: G9 | LX100 Nissin: i40
Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135 Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye Tamron: 14-150
Old 3rd November 2017

I did follow the link from the Welcome screen but it asked for my password to log in to my account. The alternative was to create a new account, which I thought I didn't need to do. It seems that was my mistake.

Ron
Old 4th November 2017

Liked 709 Times in 378 Posts

Downloading. At least it's not a Monthly pay prog.

All my garbage so far.
Old 6th November 2017

Liked 383 Times in 146 Posts

Quote:
I did follow the link from the Welcome screen but it asked for my password to log in to my account. The alternative was to create a new account, which I thought I didn't need to do. It seems that was my mistake.

Ron
I'm having that issue too. Despite the fact that I have an email and password for Affinity stored in my password manager, their site is resolutely refusing to let me login in to 'my account'.

Not only that, but to add insult to injury, there's a complete dearth of any "reset password here" option on the page, and it doesn't even tell you whether it thinks your email or your password are the wrong bit of the login.

Very bad UI design, if you ask me, for a company producing Designer software...

I sent them a helpful email pointing out this fact. ... They'll probably never let me login again.

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook
Old 6th November 2017

Liked 340 Times in 230 Posts

I am really interested in giving Affinity Photo a go. Yes I know that I can download a free trial but I would like this to coincide with a reduced price offer, which crops up time to time. At the moment it is about 48 (full price) but it sometimes drops by a tenner or so for a limited period. I hope it will again soon........ I know it doesn't make a huge difference but it would be a saving all the same.

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 6th November 2017

Hi Margaret. I sent them an email describing my problem and, to their credit, they replied as follows (after I had resolved it with help from this thread):

'Are you using the Mac or Windows version of the app? If it is the Mac version you will have bought from the Apple Store so will not have an account with us just yet. You can create a new account by following the prompts under the 'New To Affinity' tab in the link in your Welcome screen.'

I created an account and was able to download the bonus items. I am not sure that it was worth the hassle though.

Ron
The Following User Says Thank You to Olybirder For This Useful Post:
MargaretR (7th November 2017)
Old 6th November 2017
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I'm having that issue too. Despite the fact that I have an email and password for Affinity stored in my password manager, their site is resolutely refusing to let me login in to 'my account'.

Not only that, but to add insult to injury, there's a complete dearth of any "reset password here" option on the page, and it doesn't even tell you whether it thinks your email or your password are the wrong bit of the login.

Very bad UI design, if you ask me, for a company producing Designer software...

I sent them a helpful email pointing out this fact. ... They'll probably never let me login again.
According to their forum, they have had some email issues which are responsible for similar problems.

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
The Following User Says Thank You to steverh For This Useful Post:
MargaretR (7th November 2017)
Old 7th November 2017

Liked 709 Times in 378 Posts

Can Affinity Photo use external programs like Nik Collection? If so, How can I insert it?

Found it. Under Edit,Preferences, Photoshop plugins, The search for the folder containing the NIK Collection. The select the whole folder.

All my garbage so far.
Old 7th November 2017

Liked 282 Times in 145 Posts

The answer is a definite yes. Look for a video by Chris P Williams on YouTube, he is calm and knowledgeable. If I remember correctly, Nik creates a new layer when you use the plugin with Photoshop. In Affinity Photo, duplicate the layer you are converting first otherwise you will overwrite the original layer. Nik works fine on Affinity with one difference. If you crop a picture first then load the plugin, what you will see is the uncropped version which is odd. However, make your mods and after you revert to the cropped dimensions.

Maybe they sorted this in the latest version.

David
PS Make sure that the layer you are working on is selected otherwise the commands will be greyed out. Logical but useful to know

Last edited by Crazy Dave; 7th November 2017 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Postscript
Old 7th November 2017
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dave View Post
The answer is a definite yes. Look for a video by Chris P Williams on YouTube, he is calm and knowledgeable. If I remember correctly, Nik creates a new layer when you use the plugin with Photoshop. In Affinity Photo, duplicate the layer you are converting first otherwise you will overwrite the original layer. Nik works fine on Affinity with one difference. If you crop a picture first then load the plugin, what you will see is the uncropped version which is odd. However, make your mods and after you revert to the cropped dimensions.

Maybe they sorted this in the latest version.

David
PS Make sure that the layer you are working on is selected otherwise the commands will be greyed out. Logical but useful to know
You still see the uncropped version in the latest release. However, Viveza now seems to work correctly which wasn' t the case at one time.

Old 7th November 2017

Liked 383 Times in 146 Posts

Quote:
Hi Margaret. I sent them an email describing my problem and, to their credit, they replied as follows (after I had resolved it with help from this thread):

'Are you using the Mac or Windows version of the app? If it is the Mac version you will have bought from the Apple Store so will not have an account with us just yet. You can create a new account by following the prompts under the 'New To Affinity' tab in the link in your Welcome screen.'

I created an account and was able to download the bonus items. I am not sure that it was worth the hassle though.

Ron
Yes, I did the same in the end, given that I'd got the software via the Mac store. However, I DID have an email/password for the Affinity site already, and they obviously knew that as they were sending me email updates and news using it. Which I'll probably now get in stereo. But as you say, not sure it was worth all the hassle in the end.

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook