Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 27th April 2016

Liked 556 Times in 269 Posts
personally request to the moderators

I have mentioned this (often) before however this is the only forum I visit that will not me to add/insert a jpeg file from my computer. I don't wish to put every photo on flickr. There are photos I that for one reason or another I just want to share with my photography mates

Bit like this one posted on an aust forum

""hand held; starting to get it worked out. The camera will take 9 raw photos and adjust the focus for each and them make a JPEG file. I have made a 'MySet' so it's only a mode dial click away. Much better than the menu way. Also makes it easy to snap off a dead frame to put a gap between each set of files. I also do that with panorama sets also. Makes it much easier when sorting out all the images at home

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78036[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78039[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78038[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78037[/ATTACH]

last 3 are 'work [editing] in progress" as they were only taken today at midday. yep; midday ""

Sorry; I cannot be bothered adding the files to my 'private' flickr album; marking the photos as visible to me only; and then copy and paste into here.
The same goes for photos posted here by others that I edit in a way of trying to help someone out with their photography. Sadly I am backing away from such help; however Terry's photos from a week or so ago are a good example. If they could be posted from my computer I may well have posted them even after I copped too much **** from another forum. [the photos are too dark in IMO tery]

So as i seem to be the only one; I personally request to the moderators to give some considerations to allowing members to post a jpeg file (long side 900-1000px @ under 190 kb is all use) from our computers into the forum.
There may well come a time I will not want or need a flickr account and I'm sure there are others who don't want or need a flickr [or other site] account.

Cheers.

Now to hopefully to put smile on your face; flick though this. Warning: Will take you to my facebook photo page

I have tried to make a 'multimage' [collage] however it just would not come together
The Following User Liked This Post:
wornish (28th April 2016)
Old 28th April 2016

Liked 412 Times in 254 Posts
Re: personally request to the moderators

Hi there IanB!

I'm not a moderator, but hope I can help anyway. You can upload jpegs straight to this forum of 1000px long side and up to 500kB in size. You have a personal gallery here on the forum to which you can upload your photos (you get 50MB so you can upload about 1000) which are then easily inserted into posts using the http code or using a photos pop up (there are tutorials on how to upload and use photos from your gallery.) This is how I use the forum - I do not post my photos anywhere else on the net.

I do agree with you that cut and paste would be easier for most people, but by having gallerys the users of the forum can look through other photos from photographers who have caught their eye.

Cheers,

Ralph.
PeterBirder (28th April 2016)
Old 28th April 2016

Liked 688 Times in 363 Posts

Sorry to hear you are having problem with Flickr.

Not sure if it's the privacy settings but here is my work flow with posting pictures uploaded to flickr.

Open Flickr, to your photostream. Then right click on the picture you want to share, select open in new tab.

On the extreme right, click the download the picture and select "View all Pictures"

Select the size you want.

Then move the pointer to the picture, right mouse, select the "copy image address"

In here, you select insert image and paste into it the copied address.

P.S., workflow is for a windows desktop. Not sure if it's the same for a mac or smart phone.

All my garbage so far.
Old 28th April 2016

Liked 534 Times in 373 Posts

The buit in gallery process on the forum is a bit tedious, with the size and dimension restrictions. I prefer to load up what I want to my own online space and then link to that for use in forums etc. It discourages me from over posting and enables me to see how many views of the files there has been.
Old 28th April 2016

Liked 556 Times in 269 Posts

thanks but sorry; if I have to do that I may as well use flickr
Old 28th April 2016

Liked 1,531 Times in 754 Posts

I agree with the original post. Other forums allow direct uploading during quick reply don't know why this one doesn't.

I don't want to put every photo on Flickr on even in my gallery.

My Flickr
Old 28th April 2016

I control what I show and when I show it. I also use the online space for distributing data.
I have a quick FTP program to move the data.
Old 28th April 2016

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 797 Times in 466 Posts

The disabling of the "attachment" facility" was a policy decision of Ian (the site owner) in 2014 and the reasons are given here.http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31044

If you have a problem with this I suggest you send Ian a PM.

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterBirder For This Useful Post:
Zuiko (28th April 2016)
Zuiko (28th April 2016)
Old 28th April 2016

Liked 1,614 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekW View Post
I have a quick FTP program to move the data.
What, you mean you FTP transfer to the gallery on this site, rather than go through the 'official' online way?

Jim
Old 28th April 2016

Thanked 1,318 Times in 1,029 Posts
Liked 2,085 Times in 1,127 Posts

For myself, I like the forum's photo gallery & if editing someone's photo it can be put into your members gallery but it could be in a folder called (for arguments sake) Other's photos where it can be named & with a description. BTW, I usually post my images (lately) at 1000 X 750 although occasionally they are bigger (or wider) such as this one that is in the Four Thirds User Gallery (a sister site to here).

or I needed a small quaver that had to be reduced from a web photo which I did on my pc before uploading it to my gallery (My Photos). Maybe I should have done a screen shot of one of my bits of music instead (one of my tunes).
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 28th April 2016
Administrator

Thanked 3,151 Times in 2,459 Posts
Liked 4,455 Times in 2,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBirder View Post
The disabling of the "attachment" facility" was a policy decision of Ian (the site owner) in 2014 and the reasons are given here.http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31044

If you have a problem with this I suggest you send Ian a PM.

Regards.
Thanks Peter,

that's exactly right and I can't see it changing.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 28th April 2016

Reply to Jim for comments I made to IanB re FTP
I FTP to my own webspace, I then share any images I wish to show from my own site. It means I can easily display my images elsewhere as well as allowing viewer to easily down load a mass of files.
Jim Ford (28th April 2016)