Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 28th March 2012

Liked 433 Times in 209 Posts
A fine March morning

What more could you want....a fantastic day today warm sunshine and clear blue skies...I decided that today as I had a days break from work that I would visit the viewing area at Felixstowe Docks...well not a place you would think would be that much of a place to visit, well there is an old fort on this site plus a bird observatory so here are a small selection of some of the pictures I have taken..the seabirds were very close so only having my 40-150 and 14-54 lenses with me i did get quite close to a very curious seabird..

The size of the ships now berthing at Felixstowe is staggering this one making a morning stop to unload was one of the smaller ones..you can guarantee that there is something that you own that came through the port of Felixstowe..

The huge cranes are massive, the old ones are waiting to be dismantled...but there are Peregine falcons nesting in one..I could see them with my binoculars but nowhere near enough to get a shot....

The old Fort is very interesting although was closed today, worth a visit..

There are many structures which were built during WW2 to house guns etc,

The bird observatory was close by, but as time was running out, I headed back to the car park for a cup of tea, and sat to watch the world go by...then 2 seabirds came very close and I was able to get this shot of one..not quite sure which yet I will consult the bird book later...thanks for looking..

Old 28th March 2012

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 797 Times in 466 Posts
Re: A fine March morning

A very nice series Peter.
It's a place I visit quite often, allways something going on and the bird observatory/nature reserve is a great place to see migrating birds.
The birds in your shots are Black Headed Gulls and your perfect exposures show that their heads are in fact a rich chocolate brown.

Thanks for sharing.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Old 29th March 2012

Thanked 1,406 Times in 1,298 Posts
Liked 2,339 Times in 1,111 Posts

Looks like a nice day out always good to get some narative with the images. My wife comes from Ipswich and she's been threatening to go back and look round sometime. This looks like a good add on to the trip that I could slip away to whist she is looking up some old friends. Excellent first gull shot by the way.
Old 29th March 2012

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

That first shot is like a colour chart love it.Nice interesting set.
Iain
Old 29th March 2012

Liked 433 Times in 209 Posts

Thanks for the kind comments...the Black Headed Gull I am pleased with...it was within 20ft of the camera and the sun was kind in it's position, but I knew the 40-150 lens was a very capable lens....this is the best shot i've had with it..

If you are visiting the area Phill the Fort is open from this Saturday for the summer season...and there is plenty of bird life around the observatory...keep an eye open for the falcon's....also a good mobile food/tea/coffee van!!

Peter