Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 21st July 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Discovering a village. (lots of images)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvickers View Post
he he...I was thinking the same....kind of a novel idea...carrying a dead sheep around just in case its useful to throw into a scene for scale!

You might well laugh but there are quite a few photos of the Pembroke area published in tourist brochures & WDA leaflets which contained a fake / stuffed sheep (not that you could tell when we were shown the pictures at a camera club meeting). The photographer apparently used to carry it around with him and became a bit of a trademark of his. If I get some time later on I'll see if I can track down some of the photos which contains said fake sheep...
Old 21st July 2012

Liked 665 Times in 283 Posts

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfric M Douglas View Post
....Swarland Burn eh?
Yep. GR NU 144 033 is the tower house. Park at the road end for Newmoor Hall. Walk down the lane and past the farm then over the burn. After the bridge, go past the "Private keep out" sign to the right. The farmer told me he only put it up to cover himself in case kids hurt themselves faffing on in the ruins. The weir is the other way. You may well encounter the farmer, he seems to spend a lot of time around there. Spring is the best time to get around, the terrain is horrendously overgrown, but visually I prefer it with the foliage and nettles. Wellies mandatory.

Another nice spot on Swarland Burn is NU 154 019, just downstream of where the footpath crosses the burn, here Parking at Old Swarland in a tight little layby opposite Old Swarland Hall.

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery
Old 21st July 2012

Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts

Thats a nice trademark.....I used to know an engineering draughtsman who would draw a little mouse on all his general arrangement drawings.....it was always tricky to find it but it was always there.
Old 21st July 2012

Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts

Good set of pictures and a well told story line.