Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-520

Olympus E-520 E-520 specific discussion.

Old 1st October 2008
dennisg

Thumbs up XDepth RAW Compession software...NEW!

To All,

I have just gotten some niews that a product XDepth RAW Compression software will compress RAW files to about 25% of it's original size and be lossless! The link below will get you there:

http://raw.xdepth.com/#

From what I can tell, they will have a booth here at the Photo East Expo in New York City in October. I will be going the the show and this along with Olympus will be on my shortlist of exhibitors to see.

This is really exciting since storage of RAW files is a big issue and storage space is now more than ever before is becoming a real time issue. This will probably bring more users of JPEGS to become users of the RAW file format.

Stay tuned!

Dennis G