Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 6th September 2010
Administrator

Thanked 3,165 Times in 2,473 Posts
Liked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
Why September 14th?

September 14th seems to be generally accepted as the date that the E-5 will finally be revealed, but why 14th? With Photokina so close I thought they might have saved the announcement of the new flagship until then, after all in Olympusland news doesn't come much bigger than this.

That rather implies they want this one out of the way because something even bigger is brewing for Photokina, but what? You'd think it would probably be a new Pen with a major enhancement, possibly even a built in EVF but the "Rumor" site, who usually have a lot to wildly speculate about, say it's unlikely there will be any new Pens. So what, then, lenses? We've just had a couple announced, surely there can't be any more?

It's a puzzle to me, I can't believe Oly would show us all they've got before the show, leaving nothing concrete for Photokina itself. And yet if they do have anything it seems to have slipped below the radar on this occasion.

I like that thought. A real surprise for a change, untainted by unsubstantiated rumours and wild speculation. I'm certainly not going to jump on the bandwaggon and speculate what that surprise might be. If it happens, great. If not, well, I'll be surprised that there's no surprise.

And if there is a surprise, remember - you heard it here first.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there ó even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 6th September 2010

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Re: Why September 14th?

Hmm could it be they want maximum publicity for the release and don't want it lost amongst everything being talked about at Photokina ?
Iain
The Following User Says Thank You to ardvorlich For This Useful Post:
Zuiko (6th September 2010)
Old 6th September 2010

Liked 833 Times in 279 Posts

Is the date even more speculation?

I have a good idea what the spec is, but then I would only be speculating.

It's pleasing to see such speculation and in advertising terms the column cms must be worth a year's spend.

Good or bad I think Olympus will shine.

I'm hopeful the E-8 will have the spec(ulation) I'm after.

Regards. Barr1e

ps I have no idea it will be called E-8 I'm just speculating of course.
Old 6th September 2010
Nick

I'm fed up with all the rumours on the net. I know Olympus are bringing something new out and i really hope that it's amazing (better than the rumour specs). If not i might have to switch sides
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Zuiko (7th September 2010)
Old 8th September 2010

Liked 888 Times in 311 Posts

Exciting times (I hope)

Olympus equipment
Capture One Pro
My flickr
Old 11th September 2010
Administrator

Thanked 3,165 Times in 2,473 Posts
Liked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
September 14th seems to be generally accepted as the date that the E-5 will finally be revealed, but why 14th? With Photokina so close I thought they might have saved the announcement of the new flagship until then, after all in Olympusland news doesn't come much bigger than this.

That rather implies they want this one out of the way because something even bigger is brewing for Photokina, but what? You'd think it would probably be a new Pen with a major enhancement, possibly even a built in EVF but the "Rumor" site, who usually have a lot to wildly speculate about, say it's unlikely there will be any new Pens. So what, then, lenses? We've just had a couple announced, surely there can't be any more?

It's a puzzle to me, I can't believe Oly would show us all they've got before the show, leaving nothing concrete for Photokina itself. And yet if they do have anything it seems to have slipped below the radar on this occasion.

I like that thought. A real surprise for a change, untainted by unsubstantiated rumours and wild speculation. I'm certainly not going to jump on the bandwaggon and speculate what that surprise might be. If it happens, great. If not, well, I'll be surprised that there's no surprise.

And if there is a surprise, remember - you heard it here first.
Ah-ha! The Rumors site must have read my opening post because they are saying pretty much the same thing today.

"Talking with my sources I got the feeling that there is much more to come than just the GH2 and E-5. Donít know if there will be other real products but my bet is that there will be some unexpected BIG news coming from both companies!"

Remember folks, you heard it here first!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there ó even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau