Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 4th October 2013

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Re: Delivery dates...

As ever best thing is to ask directly.

Nice Olympus rep confirmed my order was being shipped today and that if I call on Monday there will be a tracking number. This process is fine by me - yes Olympus could provide more info on their web-shop and give email updates. But since you can call them and get a prompt answer there is no problem as far as I am concerned.

Would have been nice to get it before the weekend but I think I'll live. The bonus will hopefully be that the grip and adapter arrive with it (I forgot to ask).

Simon
Old 4th October 2013
Administrator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,274 Posts
Liked 1,715 Times in 774 Posts

Hi Dave - nice to have you here; incidentally, we try to dissuade people from using the file attachment feature for images; best use the image url insertion button or the free gallery space you get here

Also - if you aren't aware you might be able to make some good use of the Dealers Den board (Dave works for London Camera Exchange)

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 4th October 2013
Grumpy Member

Liked 539 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonknee View Post

Nice Olympus rep confirmed my order was being shipped today and that if I call on Monday there will be a tracking number. This process is fine by me - yes Olympus could provide more info on their web-shop and give email updates. But since you can call them and get a prompt answer there is no problem as far as I am concerned.

Would have been nice to get it before the weekend but I think I'll live. The bonus will hopefully be that the grip and adapter arrive with it (I forgot to ask).

Simon
I was told that the grip and adapter will ship with the body. Today in theory

As you say we will all live through the experience. For me it's the lack of upfront communication which irritates. Especially as cash was taken weeks ago. So many thing go wrong in business due to no or poor communications. This is just another example albeit not earth shattering even if rather irritating.

Hec
Old 4th October 2013

Liked 3,080 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonknee View Post

Simon
Who did you phone? The Olympus UK site or the Olympus Shop in Belgium? Despite sending an email last week, I still haven't had any written confirmation that I will be receiving the free Grip and Adapter. If they arrive with the camera some time next week that will be fine with me. I wasn't expecting it until the middle of October anyway, until all the emails and phone calls started happening for other people yesterday.

It seems that ordering from a UK dealer, rather than the Olympus Shop, would have been the right way to go. Never mind - live and learn.

Ron
Old 4th October 2013

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts

I placed an order with a UK dealer...they took a large deposit...I therefore expect to be kept in the loop so to speak....but they can't be blamed if they have not heard from Olympus...
I have never known so little communication when purchasing such expensive items...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olybirder View Post
Who did you phone? The Olympus UK site or the Olympus Shop in Belgium? Despite sending an email last week, I still haven't had any written confirmation that I will be receiving the free Grip and Converter. If they arrive with the camera some time next week that will be fine with me. I wasn't expecting it until the middle of October anyway, until all the emails and phone calls started happening for other people yesterday.

It seems that ordering from a UK dealer, rather than the Olympus Shop, would have been the right way to go. Never mind - live and learn.

Ron
Old 4th October 2013

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Park Cameras delivering too ;-)
Old 4th October 2013

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
That is annoying as, like you, my card has been debited, and I do not understand their thinking here!
Why debit before dispatching goods??
Very unprofessional if that is the case, particularly as Olympus told me they would be sending my camera body once they had taken the money!

I would like some confirmation either way..
you posted that your card was debited 2 days ago

the order confirmation, and everything else, states that delivery will be 2-5 business days

cards will always be debited prior to dispatch (at the point of dispatch etc) not delivery!

what's unprofessional?
what's confusing?

if you haven't received it by the end of next Tuesday then I could understand concerns.
Old 4th October 2013

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Who did you phone? The Olympus UK site or the Olympus Shop in Belgium? Despite sending an email last week, I still haven't had any written confirmation that I will be receiving the free Grip and Adapter. If they arrive with the camera some time next week that will be fine with me. I wasn't expecting it until the middle of October anyway, until all the emails and phone calls started happening for other people yesterday.

Ron
http://shop.olympus.co.uk/e_commerce...pyou.cfm?nbs=1

I called 00800-65967873 and pressed 1 then gave my order reference to the helpful lady.

And do remember we might be able to crow about our wonderful grip first

Simon
Old 4th October 2013

Quote:

Ron
If the coupon code from your registration is entered when using the online site to purchase it will -
1. include the grip and or mmf-3 as appropriate to your registration on the order at 0.0 cost
2. include them on the order conrfirmation email
Product(s) Color(s) Quantity Price
MMF-3 Four Thirds Adapter 1 0.00
HLD-7 1 0.00
E-M1 Body 1 1,299.99

If you didn't enter the coupon, or it doesn't show these, then a call seems to be required
Old 4th October 2013

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo_owl View Post

the order confirmation, and everything else, states that delivery will be 2-5 business days

cards will always be debited prior to dispatch (at the point of dispatch etc) not delivery!

what's unprofessional?
what's confusing?

if you haven't received it by the end of next Tuesday then I could understand concerns.
You too are missing the point sadly

Obviously cards are debited before dispatch, but my camera body has not been dispatched!!

It is on back order.

Try and read what I said next time before being patronising
Old 4th October 2013
Grumpy Member

Liked 539 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo_owl View Post

what's unprofessional?
what's confusing?

Personally that is not what happened. My card was actually debited on the 11th Sept. On that basis that is poor business practice as at the time they had no idea, or at least no published one, what the delivery date was. The complaint is that fact coupled with the total absence of communication given they have had my money for 3 weeks and 2 days. I had to chase today and whilst I am wiser I still have no confirmation of dispatch despite being promised that confirmation by way of a phone call. They have 14 minutes to make that call to keep the promise.

Hec
jamsa (4th October 2013), Xenon (4th October 2013)
Old 4th October 2013

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Hec View Post
Personally that is not what happened. My card was actually debited on the 11th Sept. On that basis that is poor business practice as at the time they had no idea, or at least no published one, what the delivery date was. The complaint is that fact coupled with the total absence of communication given they have had my money for 3 weeks and 2 days. I had to chase today and whilst I am wiser I still have no confirmation of dispatch despite being promised that confirmation by way of a phone call. They have 14 minutes to make that call to keep the promise.

Hec
I too am waiting for a promised phone call.
Have sat waiting now for 3 hours, and my patience is running thin.
If I do not have the courtesy of the promised call I too will have to make a decision.
It is bad business practice.

As a long time Olympus user I am extrememly disappointed by the total lack of communication...not to go into detail about the mixed messages received from several phone calls to Customer Support!

The worse aspect is the total lack of consistency from the support personnel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xenon For This Useful Post:
jamsa (4th October 2013)
Old 4th October 2013

Liked 3,080 Times in 881 Posts

I have just been on the phone to Olympus Support to check my order status. They confirmed the order and said that it hadn't been dispatched yet but that it should be on its way in a few days.

I then asked if he could check that the Grip and Adapter were included in the order and explained that I had had problems ordering them and that I only had verbal confirmation that I would be receiving them. He said that they were not on the order so they wouldn't be included. He then suggested that I should cancel the order and start again, making sure that the code was entered correctly. I then asked if that meant that I would be at the back of the queue and he went off to consult with his supervisor. He said that that would normally be the case but he would see if he could do it another way. He took my code number again and said that he would contact the shop to see what could be done. He should be calling me back, either later today or on Monday.

This is so frustrating as it was all caused by my failure to press the little arrow button after entering the code (I didn't even see a button). I suppose I should have gone back and cancelled and replaced the order after I discovered the mistake but I was put off by somebody here who did that and ended up with two cameras on order.

I hope he does me phone back soon as I am beginning to wish that I had never heard of the E-M1. He even gave me his name and spelled it out for me a couple of times but it was too fast and his accent was too thick for me to catch it. It was some hing like Jaroslav.

I am off now to wait for the next installment.

Ron
The Following User Says Thank You to Olybirder For This Useful Post:
Xenon (4th October 2013)
Old 4th October 2013

two days ago you started a thread stating that your card had been debited

then you posted to the thread I responded to with ........
Quote:
That is annoying as, like you, my card has been debited, and I do not understand their thinking here!
Why debit before dispatching goods??
Very unprofessional if that is the case, particularly as Olympus told me they would be sending my camera body once they had taken the money!

I was, however, told yesterday that we would NOT receive any e-mail, but the goods would just arrive.

Mixed messages here.

I would like some confirmation either way..
now

Quote:
You too are missing the point sadly

Obviously cards are debited before dispatch, but my camera body has not been dispatched!!

It is on back order.

Try and read what I said next time before being patronising
you haven't said your camera hasn't been dispatched.....we're not mind readers.
Old 4th October 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Hec View Post

Hec
I would agree that that's poor. I hope you get the confirmation quickly (and the camera shortly after that!)