Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 11th February 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Gordon Giltrap - live in concert...

Hey All

Last Friday was a very good evening for me. I had the great privilege and honor to be asked to take photographs of Gordon Giltrap live in concert, at the David Hall, Petherton.

Gordon is a guitar player par excellence, quite amazing really the music he can produce on that range of instruments. He is also a true gentleman, conversing with the audience informally and jovially through the entire evening. It was a wonderful show, and a wonderful experience and some here may have seen my earlier posts where I mentioned why I particularly enjoyed the evening with my son.

Anyway, the final gallery of images is now up on my site: link -> if you fancy a peek, but in the meantime here's a selection from that very gallery.

All taken on the E-3, ISO1600 or ISO3200, indoors, all hand-held, no flash, various f stop and shutter speeds, and with either the 14-54mm, 11-22mm, or kit lens 40-150mm. Enjoy...

Old 11th February 2008

Liked 895 Times in 408 Posts
Re: Gordon Giltrap - live in concert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
Hey All

Last Friday was a very good evening for me. I had the great privilege and honor to be asked to take photographs of Gordon Giltrap live in concert, at the David Hall, Petherton.
John

I am impressed with these and hope they will be too. You do have a good eye.

What was the commission for?

Any more on the horizon..., is it time to go part time?

Peter
Old 11th February 2008

Thanks Peter, always appreciate your comments, as ever.

The commission was for Gordon himself who may be using the images on various material, including his gallery. I will keep you informed if they get used anywhere.

I do have plans for a few more things on the horizon, and would love to go full-time let alone part-time!! Things are starting to come together now, there's still a long way to go until I am fully ready but the plans I formulated and put together late last year, and over the Christmas break have at least commenced.

Just the huge part i.e. PR and 'getting the message out there' to fully embark on now... then I guess, it's in the lap of the Gods

Old 11th February 2008
PeterD

John

As Peter said, you have a very good eye and your images are superb even more so when you consider the location. I hope that the images will be used in a public way as this will give you the publicity breakthrough you are seeking.

I know from your earlier posts of your objectives and anyone can see that you are a natural for portraiture. Good Luck and thanks for posting your images. It will encourage us all.

Kind regards

PeterD
Old 11th February 2008

Cheers Peter, much appreciated.

I must say here though that what I was most impressed with was how well the E-3 behaved in such low light, and especially at ISO3200 with the kit lens

The second shot in this series above (b&w) was taken with the kit lens and ISO3200. What a camera...! am loving it. OK, I agree that high ISO images lend lend themselves well to B&W conversions, but I think with careful thought and use, the E-3 can deliver at these ISO levels.

Old 11th February 2008
Scapula Memory

Nice pictures John, a gig must be quite a challenge with the lighting, and it looks like you did really well. I would be very pleased with those shots and also getting to meet a guitar player of his calibre.

Well done