Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 24th January 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FS: Brand New 11-22mm Olympus lens

New 11-22mm Olympus Lens, got given as a gift and doesn't like the focal length therefore selling the lens for £500, normally retail for £600-700. It is New so the warranty is still valid.

Please contact me on hihi2u2@gmail.com about the sell ^^
Old 24th January 2010
SonorG

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Re: FS: Brand New 11-22mm Olympus lens

hmmmmmmmmm
Old 24th January 2010
Administrator

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,480 Posts
Liked 4,504 Times in 2,141 Posts

Welcome to the forum, hihi2u2. Interesting first post.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there ó even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 24th January 2010

Liked 122 Times in 62 Posts

Ahhh...the 11-22 first post!
caveat emptor

OTOH...its a great lens...
did anyone go for the other one recently
Old 24th January 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi2u2 View Post
New 11-22mm Olympus Lens, got given as a gift and doesn't like the focal length therefore selling the lens for £500, normally retail for £600-700. It is New so the warranty is still valid.

Please contact me on hihi2u2@gmail.com about the sell ^^
... and please, anyone who does contact the seller about this lens please do keep this thread updated as to how the sale goes. It was advertised on here (free of charge) and the thread deserves to be kept up-to-date about how the sale is proceeding.

Good luck.

Old 24th January 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome hihi2u2

I'm in Oxfordshire too would I be able to collect the lens to save on postage costs?

Cheers

Jon
Old 24th January 2010

Liked 190 Times in 126 Posts

Hi folks, I think it's fair to be wary with a sale from a new member, but a few sensible precautions should alleviate many potential problems.

When I bought my 300mm F2.8, it was from an ebay trader with only 1 feedback, albeit positive. I will confess to being rather nervous, particularly as he was listing a lot of expensive "New" Olympus kit all at the same time.

I made a point of making contact by phone, checked the address etc. on BT.com Directory Enquiries ,and asked that he supply me with the serial number, which I quoted to Olympus; to make sure it was a ligit import and that it wasn't on their stolen lenses list.
I visited the vendor at their home and completed the deal there.
I got a good deal and met a pleasant and honest vendor.

In this case I wish the seller and their prospective customer all the best.
Caveat emptor still applies of course.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 24th January 2010
JackBenedict

It's all about TRUST ... so let the seller despatch the said lens and the buyer pay for it upon receipt.

Somehow TRUST suddenly evaporates !
Old 24th January 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon*E View Post
Welcome hihi2u2

I'm in Oxfordshire too would I be able to collect the lens to save on postage costs?

Cheers

Jon
Jon,
As you can see from the post last week Jessops were selling this lens new at £299-349 dependant where you bought it. As warranty cannot be transferred I'd suggest you look around first.
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7871
Jamie
Old 24th January 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cheers Jamie, I think I'll give the local Jessops a bell and see what they have.

Jon
Old 24th January 2010
Kiwi Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBenedict View Post
It's all about TRUST ... so let the seller despatch the said lens and the buyer pay for it upon receipt.

Somehow TRUST suddenly evaporates !
That always a tricky one, should you receive the goods first then pay, or pay first and dispatch the goods after payment received, as you say it's based on trust so either scenario is valid but it seems to be the norm to pay first.

Paul
Old 24th January 2010

Liked 47 Times in 16 Posts

I must admit I'm also wary of all online buying and selling. I've bought a few things from ebay a few years ago and had an account with positive feedback, but then that got hacked somehow and I had to set up another account and have not yet used it. Effectively I have no ebay record, so I don't know how I'd get on selling my E410.

As you say, it involves a lot of trust - but who should be the one trusting who!
Old 24th January 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi there, sorry it does seems abit strange that the first post I'm doing is about a sale, recently I got a 11-22mm as a gift but because I've just started on Olympus system again so I really need a normal focal length ones, so I'd thought I'll sell it to get a Leica 14-50mm f2.8-3.5 or a Sigma 30mm. I was looking around on the internet to find a way to sell it as you know Olympus lenses are not that easy to sell as more people tend to use Nikon or Canon. I'm starting my e system and wouldn't like to sell off my Nikon kit completely just incase. So I came across this site and thought it would be good to get some advertisement. To be honest I'm actually quite scared of selling stuff from here, unlike ebay you don't get a protection so I was thinking of actually doing the sale on ebay once someone wanted it. I do have 53 positive feedback on ebay. I was checking on an item on ebay another 11-22mm but it only had 20 visitor on the item so was abit scared therefore came upon this website. Anyway how does sale goes in here cause I'm thinking I might get a 14-54mm Oly instead but I do like the image stabiliser as I don't have one on e420. How do you make sure people do post out the item and make sure people pay?
Old 24th January 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi2u2 View Post
Hi there, sorry it does seems abit strange that the first post I'm doing is about a sale, recently I got a 11-22mm as a gift but because I've just started on Olympus system again so I really need a normal focal length ones, so I'd thought I'll sell it to get a Leica 14-50mm f2.8-3.5 or a Sigma 30mm. I was looking around on the internet to find a way to sell it as you know Olympus lenses are not that easy to sell as more people tend to use Nikon or Canon. I'm starting my e system and wouldn't like to sell off my Nikon kit completely just incase. So I came across this site and thought it would be good to get some advertisement. To be honest I'm actually quite scared of selling stuff from here, unlike ebay you don't get a protection so I was thinking of actually doing the sale on ebay once someone wanted it. I do have 53 positive feedback on ebay. I was checking on an item on ebay another 11-22mm but it only had 20 visitor on the item so was abit scared therefore came upon this website. Anyway how does sale goes in here cause I'm thinking I might get a 14-54mm Oly instead but I do like the image stabiliser as I don't have one on e420. How do you make sure people do post out the item and make sure people pay?
Hiya

Depends on the specific sale. Trust between parties. Credibility of member buying/selling. Intuition. Communications. Caveat Emptor.

With the greatest respect to you, in the case of your 11-22mm I'd suggest it is more of a risk to any buyer of your lens than it is to yourself.

Most of the longer term members on here are true ladies/gentlemen and I'd not hesitate to sell to or buy from any of them. I'd send the money immediately if I were purchasing something, and I'd also send the goods as soon as I received payment. I have been treated unbelievably well by many members on here, having been able to borrow lenses et al, and I'd do the same in return. In fact, someone is sending me their camera so that I can test it for them with my lenses... this is a relationship based on trust, honesty, and integrity. I wouldn't hesitate to do the same in return if I needed something.

So, please don't doubt the honesty or integrity of longer term members on here. You have to build up the trust such that people will feel confident in purchasing from you.

I wish you good luck with the sale.

Old 24th January 2010
JackBenedict

I wholeheartedly agree with MusicMan( John ). I too have purchased from other forum members with complete satisfaction.

I go back to my earlier reply. Would you be happy to send your equipment and the buyer pay you upon its arrival. Well I would ( although hasten to add it's not something I would like to see common place ) but I am sure you get what I was trying to say .... its all about trust amongst like minded friends.

So hopefully you can understand when some newbees join the forum and immediately try to sell of their kit. It justmakes buyers wary from the outset regardless of how authentic they may be.