Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 19th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everybody! Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Frank and I just joined the group. No need to say that I am an E-1 owner (and user) and I always wanted to have one of those handgrips! Unfortunately I missed the point in time when they were sold cheaply in this country (about 2 years ago) and didn't get one at that time! Now this is a great opportunity to finally get one in my hands ;-) Especially as a give away from this forum, which I just discovered!

I know Ian's website "dpnow" on which I had followed the release of the various episodes of his E-1 review about 4 years ago and I back then I couldn't afford to buy that camera (it had a "pro-price"!), but when the prices started dropping I finally made the move from my trustworthy old E-10 to discover a whole new world of speed and focal lengths....
I have got some photo galleries up at pBase, please feels free to visit http://www.pbase.com/frankloehner and give some critique if you feel like it. It would be highly appreciated!
Oh, and I also just uploaded some pics to this site as well...

Anyway, hope we will have some interesting topics floating around here...

Best Regards

Frank
Old 19th January 2008

Liked 855 Times in 282 Posts
Re: New member

Hi Frank -

Welcome. Fortunately there are always great topics on here and looking forward to your participation in them. Have fun.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 19th January 2008
PeterD

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the forum. I have viewed the photos on this gallery and they are quite interesting. The first three need to be sharper and the third is blown by, I guess the sun. The remainder are sharp and are good subjects.

Discussions on here are very varied and members have provided comment/opinion without attempting to tread on each others toes. Have a look through the topics under 'Forum' and you will see what I mean.

Kind regards

PeterD
Old 19th January 2008
BigD

welcome frank, what more can i say as peter and barrie have pretty much coverd it.

dave.