Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 29th December 2008
giorgosmit

Some recent ones

Been in the mountainous Pelion, Greece, for some days. Very cold, but no snow. Whatever, one cannot have it all in this life.

The rails for a train that is mainly used now as a tourist attraction (although in the past it was an extremely important means of communication/ transportation in the mountains). The rails are extremely narrow, because the money was not enough to build a railroad network at full scale, and no, I kid you not.

Another one from near by, inspired by Bill Turner in dpreview. I had a lot of fun taking this, as I had to put the camera on its side, set the self timer, and somersault away to avoid getting my shadow in the picture.

This one looked good-ish in the tiny screen on the camera, but made my jaw drop when I looked at it on the screen. No PP at all save some sharpening and tiny contrast adjustments.
Old 29th December 2008
grumpy69

Re: Some recent ones

I do like the second shot, I don't know why but it just appeals to me. 1/3 I think the sky is to bright. I know where you are coming from with the little screen on the camera I do it all the time well done
Old 29th December 2008
giorgosmit

Re: Some recent ones

Grumpy, thank you for your feedback. The sky in no1 is indeed burned out, but in the original photo it was that horrid flat white washed-out thing. In fact, this is my best attempt of salvaging it. I could wait until the light got right, but I was already almost frostbitten and had no intention of braving the elements for 5-6 hours